By heinrich27
#204942 This is a bit crazy, but somewhere logic, the Insidewall etc. has 2 Problems, I cant come over!
1. The Sound System for them inherits the sound of the wood blocks which causes them to sound like wood, and i know it fits to the breaking method, but hell, why is it crafted of STONE? But as texturepackauthor, making it sound like stone woudn't be what I want. It'd be verry cool if you could make it have an own sound event (see forge wiki) so players can customize that sound. If it had its on event, you could stil use the wood sounds, or stone or a mix.

Like this (sounds.json)
{
"block.insidewall.hit": {
"sounds": [
"step/stone1",
"step/wood2",
"step/metal3",
"step/else4",
"step/else5",
"step/else6"
],
"subtitle": "subtitles.block.generic.hit"
},
"block.insidewall.place": {
"dig/wood1",
"dig/stone2",
"dig/metal3",
"dig/else4"
],
"subtitle": "subtitles.block.generic.place"
},
"block.insidewall.step": {
"step/wood1",
"step/stone2",
"step/metal3",
"step/else4",
"step/else5",
"step/else6"
],
"subtitle": "subtitles.block.generic.footsteps"
}
}

So Insidewall and Insidewallmolding use 1 event and the Outsidewall has its own event that is more "stonelike".

Why do i suggest that? Well I have a wall-texture, that doesnt really look like wood, and yes I use it inside, inside doesnt mean, that the walls should look like what my grandma has as wallpaper. In the Pokemon games, there aren't just wood huts, the new Pokecenters look like plastic too. And I want to make it sound like metalplating.

2. Point: The Material Problem
Inside- and Outsidewalls are made of Stone and dye (dont wana start a discussion if that is logical)but sound like wood, can be harvested the same way and burns away like charcoal. In CTM it connects to Wood Blocks so its material family is hardcoded "wood". But what do we want?
Well, I hit my walls in rl., didn't hear wood sound, only hurt my hand, so I'd say makin it more "stony" wouldn't be wrong. Could be interesting to have it behave so you can harvest it with axes and pickaxes, but I think making it to material "stone" would be the best and realistic way. I can't say what the Outsidewall texture should be, but I'd interpret it as marble, limestone or as a modern insulating facade. That are all things i'd not try to break with axes!

I hope something like this can be realized.
heinrich27

JOIN THE TEAM