By CrouchingWolf
#199492 You know, I really love Pixelmon, and it has grown from a somewhat small mod to a wonderful mod including some of our favorite features from Pokemon into the world of Minecraft! It has successfully combined my two favorite loves, but... one thing is missing. I know I have never posted on this forums, but please, hear me out!

I remember when Pixelmon had the Mystery Dungeon map, and this really, REALLY caught my eye. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is my FAVORITE spin off! And I was really sad when they removed the map item from the game and abandon the idea. It was a weird and incomplete feature, yes, but I truly think it could make Pixelmon so much more enjoyable! I think it would bw wonderful to have Mystery Dungeons pop up in the environment, nestled in ravines, valleys, caves, the sky, and it would be so wonderful!! You could integrate this into pixelmon and use the dungeons to catch the Pokemon, HOWEVER, I really think that it should be approached in a different way. I think that Pixelmon should make a sidemod for this feature, OR, make it to where you can actually play as the Pokemon, and have partner Pokemon! I am literally fixing to explode with excitement thinking about it, CAN YOU IMAGINE GOING THROUGH EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND DUNGEONS THAT ARE REALLY HARD TO BEAT AND USING MOVES TO GET TO THE LAST FLOOR AND FIGHTING A LEGENDARY BOSS OR GETTING AMAZING LOOT?! OH MY GOSH!!!! That would be SO COOL!!! It would take a lot of work, but I would like to see all the amazing lore and stories come to life! It would truly fulfill my Pixelmon experience :D

If they choose to add it into the existing Pixelmon mod, I do not think there would be much room for massive updates and improvement as the mod itself is always a huge work in progress, therefore I can see it more clearly being a sidemod available for those who like the franchise. Keeping it separate sounds like a good idea. What do you guys think? Do you want to see Pokemon Mystery Dungeon come to life inside of your Minecraft world?

By AnDwHaT5
#199500 I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now actually but the issue is it would be complicated. Its definitely something that would not fit properly into the main mod, rather a sidemod as you stated and it would definitely be server and client required, for multiplayer purposes. Regardless I do not see this happening, at least anytime soon, if at all, as a sidemod.
By CrouchingWolf
#199513 I am glad you replied to my post! I can understand that this post may seem a little vague, but I understand the things you will have to go through as a developer IF you were developing something like this. You see, this would be a massive project, as you would have to accurately depict the things that make the series enjoyable. So therefore, you would need to add a massive amount of detail, and code a bunch of new mechanics such as how the Mystery Dungeons will spawn (In the overworld, in a different dimension, or as a generating structure), the mechanics for the turn based movement, and also how it implements Pixelmon resources. These and several other things might take a really long time to think about... but think how amazing it would be. It would truly be heaven on earth in my opinion :) By all means, this should not distract from the main goal of getting Pixelmon up to date with the games at this point, which takes a ton of time and effort, which is why I think maybe you could search for a specific group of people to work on it as a sidemod. It should not be implemented into Pixelmon because Pixelmon is already a decent sized mod that causes trouble for lower end computers. If something is to be as huge as I want this to be, then it deserves to be an independent work. So tell me what you think about getting some support for this topic :)
By Rasgnarok
#199515 Issue I see here is that whilst code can be done, it'll also require some building work. If you want to submit something to make this happen any faster, check out the Assets forum.
JOIN THE TEAM