By Hylia
#197927 This would be such a useful feature for adventure servers, and servers in general. The reason I suggest this is quite simple: riding Pokemon often breaks adventure servers, but it's such a neat part of the game.

I'm a player on ProjectPokemon, and I'd so love to fly through the skies of Hoenn. But unfortunately, I just can't because it would break the map and allow me to skip parts of the adventure. I suggested making it available once people complete their adventure on each server, but that was also impossible since riding Pokemon could either be disabled or enabled. It wasn't a perm. I found this extremely frustrating and I doubt I'm the only one.

The current way Pokemon riding works is exceedingly limiting, and I strongly urge the developers of Pixelmon to rework it and other parts of the mod to be more flexible for server owners.

Please, might you address this issue? It's so frustrating to know such a great aspect of the game works in a way that is so limiting! Riding Pokemon needs to be something you can set as a rank perm.

Although, it would be even more convenient if riding Pokemon on land, riding Pokemon in water, and flying on them could each be individual perms because that would allow for even further flexibility in the what server owners can do with their servers.

By MoeBoy76
#197931 GP allows you to specify which entity/block you are interacting with, so it's definitely possible that way

It's highly unlikely that a permission would be added as it would become another shop item for players to buy
By Hylia
#197950 If any of these would have worked, they'd already be a thing. As for the shop item thing, I'm sure you can make a rule against server owners abusing that. Right?
By Hylia
#197952 If not a rank perm, then perhaps it could be unlocked with an item or something? I dunno, whatever can allow ProjectPokemon and servers like it to allow the riding of Pokemon without breaking the map.

Anyway, Imma get back to drafting up my idea for Honey Trees, which is a shameless excuse for more types of trees to build with but I'm going to try to make it practical or not gonna suggest it at all. :3
By Rasgnarok
#197953 It actually is possible to block interaction with GriefPrevention. Ask your server's admin about it. The only thing is that it would not give a distinction between land/water/flying mounts. I understand the usage of it, but as Moe said, it would be pretty easy to use it.

An alternative is clever usage of HMs - at least for Fly and Surf.
JOIN THE TEAM