¿Good idea?

20%
40%
40%
By LordSeb
#197658 Hey everyone.

This suggestion is very simple, I think it would be very useful in certain servers and nothing really difficult to do...

It would be to implement a biome compass. For example, I play in a recently created pixelmon server, in the Spanish community http://www.deadplayers.net/#, and the server has 3 worlds, the spawn world in which pokémon spawn, a world where you can place a protection and build a house and a world for resources. The thing is that that the spawn world is big, but at the same time limited, and has most of the biomes in which pokémon spawn, but I can't find certain biomes such as Extreme Hills +M, Mesa Plateau M, etc.
So I think that a great idea would be to create a compass that when you click it shows up a list of the biomes, you choose the one you want and the compass points towards the closest one, so you still have to explore in order to find it...

By tridaak
#197664 Not related to pokemon... This would be a good forge or sponge mod/plugin, but doesn't really fit into pixelmon.

Also, a large part of pixelmon is exploring, that's really the fun of it, trying to explore and find areas and pokemon in your journey. Think a biome compass that directs you to whichever pokemon spawn area you're looking for next defeats that purpose.
By LordSeb
#197688 The thing is that the server uses this map: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -pixelmon/

And as said before, it is limited but at the same time quite big, and literally there's no place which I haven't visited, as I have the journey map and I already completed it, like there's no blank space missing, it's completely filled up. And even though I've visited every place, I still can't find those biomes, and I don't know whether the map doesn't include them or I haven't seen them. That's why.

And yes, you are right, it is not much related to pokémon, but I think it would be very useful.
By SKyTheThunder
#197695 The map you linked does not look at all like it's naturally generated, so the map creator should know where to find which biome (of if they included it at all).
If you're looking at generated maps you might find MineAtlas useful. It's not exactly a biome finder, but with a bit of searching you can use it as such.

This will almost certainly not be included into Pixelmon as it's a lot of work for a feature that has nothing to do with the mod itself and wouldn't be used all that often by the average player. Maybe you can find someone to write a separate mod like that though...
JOIN THE TEAM