By Rasgnarok
#189695 On the status screen? The model and sprite already show it is shiny. If you mean the battle screen or the actual pokemon summary, I believe it is already indicated by a golden star.
By SKyTheThunder
#189709 I'm a bit surprised people seem to have issues identifying shinies, judging by the amount of suggestions we get for this. Personally I never had problems with that.
By AuraWalker
#189719 idk, i'm with AfroByte on this one when it comes to pokemon like shedinja who's shiny is almost unidentifiable if you miss the sparkles. besides... this was something from the pokemon games easily since at latest gen 4 (i never had found a shiny before then cut me some slack)
By RobinHood3000
#190338 I also agree with the OP. There are a lot of Pokémon whose normal sprites are virtually indistinguishable from their regular sprites (e.g., Plusle). Moreover, with the one shiny I've caught, the golden star appears in the wild battle screen, but not in any screens once it's caught.

It'd be nice to have an indicator in the status screen whether a Pokémon is shiny or not without having to know the natural coloration of that species.
JOIN THE TEAM