By Syteless
#188292 Think it would be pretty swell to be able to harvest more materials from Pokemon in Ranch Blocks. e.g. harvesting leather from ranched Miltanks/Tauros or string from ranched bugs.

I didn't look very long to see if this was suggested before, and wasn't able to find much info on planned future features. I thought it might be planned already based on the current ability to harvest milk/lava/wool

By SKyTheThunder
#188312 I can see the string as a harvestable item, maybe feathers, slime from suitable Pokémon - but leather? How would you get leather from an animal without killing it?
By Syteless
#188314 I thought someone might see it as an issue, but we already get leather and meat from beating up those pokemon. I was mostly thinking about how it's a thing with regular cows, and how it's weird the actual pokemon world can have meat in a world without normal animals.

There's also the pretty fun theory I heard about how the professor gets Candy from the pokemon you give him in GO

You're right though, pokemon typically don't die. It wouldn't make sense, keeping to the pokemon world's rules.
By SKyTheThunder
#188318 No, I meant as a regular drop I can easily see it, since you killed it in battle (I see all this "no Pokémon ever dies in these battles" as a cheap excuse to make it family friendly). However if you wanted to get these kinds of drops from captured Pokémon I'd enforce that the respective Pokémon would have to die (i.e. "be released"), instead of making it re-harvestable like wool.
By Syteless
#188324 I had come to the same conclusion. Going to your Ranch Block and beating up a miltank for leather should release it/make it not exist anymore much in the same way as going into your cow field and killing some cows. You would then need to catch new Miltanks or hatch some eggs to maintain your population.

It could also incorporate pokemon happiness to affect harvested items. Though I don't know enough about the system in use here to know how it would work.
JOIN THE TEAM