By Albeats
#187273 Hello Pixelmon Team,

I personally think we should change the way pixelmon launcher for the modpack works there is very little support for modpacks makers now I fully understand that you guys want to make mod developer feel more important but why treat modpacks maker like poop if you go on pixelmon launcher and click on pixpacks you will only see same old modpack on front of the tab example "Optfine Pixpack", "Nostalgia" same old same old literally, New modpacks on the end of the tab and old ones on the front there is literally no competition none at all please bring Pixelmon launcher bit more features like bring "trending modpacks" like other platform and why do we have to have only a pokeball as a picture tab? why can't we create our own tab picture too please bring us more support, you guys say numbers grow for pixelmon launcher but yet only have 2 tabs with same old modpack for like 3-5 months already if you look on other platforms you would see thousand of modpacks with thousands of user and also please support other OS like MAC and linux to bring more users to the launcher anyways i hope you consider this thanks you!

EDIT: and also why do have to bother developer just so we can make a modpack on pixpack ? can make it so we can make the modpack on profile here on the website like other platforms

By nguyenquyhy
#187567 I am confused, are you one of the Pixpack creators in the Pixpack section? If not, how do you know we "treat modpacks maker like poop." We spend time and effort to talk to and help every Pixpack maker in that list, so please be more considerate when giving such comments.

Your suggestions are welcomed, but please understand that both Pixpack API and Pixpack launcher is in beta because not every feature we would like to have is completed.
- "will only see same old modpack on front of the tab": The first few packs are from Pixelmon developers, so they gets more priority in the list. Then you'll see new Pixpacks and finally top download Pixpack. Besides, it takes time (can be months) for server owners to prepare their servers while only an hour to prepare a complete Pixpack, so there are also hidden Pixpack in testing that you don't see.
- "why do we have to have only a pokeball as a picture tab": I don't understand what picture tab is? Do you mean the logo of a Pixpack?
- "same old modpack for like 3-5 months already if you look on other platforms you would see thousand of modpacks": How many Pixelmon servers do you see there?
- "please support other OS like MAC and Linux": this is the reason http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frequently_asked_questions#Is_there_a_Pixelmon_launcher_for_Mac_OS.3F. You are welcomed to apply to develop that version.
- "why do have to bother developer just so we can make a modpack on pixpack": because it is closed beta right now. Why is it closed beta? Because it is not as complete as I want it to be. Also, all they need is to ask me for access.
JOIN THE TEAM