By FluidCultist
#182304 I think you should add a block that when a pokemon (from a players party) lands on a battle is started. This is so we can have proper arenas with two ppl on either side. This also means you could link it to npcs so you don't have to hit them and two players could fight with having to directly hit each other. Please add something like this ^_^.

By bvanseghi
#182309 Cool idea, but if two pokemon have to land on the same block, isnt that the same as just throwing the Pokemon at each other?

Maybe it can be where two blocks are linked to each other, and when a player steps on one of them, and the other player steps on the OTHER block linked to the first, a battle request is initiated.

That would work better than a one block design, but would be harder to pull off code wise. NPC's could use these too. That could fix the Player Acquisition Range.
By harrymanhire
#182329 Sounds like a cool idea but you can build your own one it's a sandbox game for a reason you build your own things the way you want them also there is a chance that the player could get stuck when it builds a area around them
By bvanseghi
harrymanhire wrote:Sounds like a cool idea but you can build your own one it's a sandbox game for a reason you build your own things the way you want them also there is a chance that the player could get stuck when it builds a area around them

This person is not suggesting a structure being implemented. They are suggesting a block linking feature to make battling much more easier in arenas.

Read the post before you comment on it.
By FluidCultist
#183003 What I meant was a block or blocks that link a certain radius together, that way you could have a 3x3 grid that will initiate battle regardless of what block the pokemon lands on.

However I do like the idea of having two blocks that link together (same way as elevator blocks I guess just horizontally ) and initiate battle that way, then you can setup arena NPC battle aswell.
JOIN THE TEAM