By SKyTheThunder
bvanseghi wrote:Curious, but these animations are for the pokemon hotbar sprites ONLY or is it for the sprites in the PC as well??

Using the vanilla way (as discussed above) would animate all Pokémon sprites in the game. PC, inventory and HUD all access the same sprites. Sadly Pixelmon Photos also do that - so you'd have those animated as well...

Also If you're okay with not making it into the main mod you can always make it an optional resource pack. There'd be no need to wait for the devs to greenlight it then. Note however that nothing containing resources from the original games can be distributed via this forum. Animating Pixelmon's sprites would probably be the best idea.

By bvanseghi
#179458 A resource pack would be a good idea, except I don't have much experience in making those. :P
By Creepah
bvanseghi wrote:A resource pack would be a good idea, except I don't have much experience in making those. :P

I've made texture packs of the first two generation games. Now editing Crystal with the animating sprites as a test :D
By SKyTheThunder
#179471 Huh... That's the way it works for my res pack...

bvanseghi wrote:Only use factors of 16.

This might be something to consider. I wouldn't know why, but maybe Minecraft can only animate multiples of 16. You are using 40x40. Try changing it to 32x32 or 64x64 - that might just work...
If not I'm out of ideas...

(Also: Try not to multi post like that - you can just add it to your last comment via the edit feature.)
By Creepah
SKy2008 wrote:Huh... That's the way it works for my res pack...

bvanseghi wrote:Only use factors of 16.

This might be something to consider. I wouldn't know why, but maybe Minecraft can only animate multiples of 16. You are using 40x40. Try changing it to 32x32 or 64x64 - that might just work...
If not I'm out of ideas...

(Also: Try not to multi post like that - you can just add it to your last comment via the edit feature.)

This selected square is 64x64. The whole thing is 64 by 13*64. I want to make all frames fit inside 64x64, so that the sprites will have their normal sizes. (If you use a 40x Bulbasaur and 64x Venusaur, they are exactly as big in-game, whereas they are not if you make the bulbasaur 64x with 12 transparant pixels around all sides.)

Also, my bad for the multi posting, oops xD
Anyways, thanks for trying. If anyone know a way to fix it, please let me know ;)

EDIT: Okay, it may have to do with Pixelmon after all. I renamed the Bulbasaur's 001.png and the mcmeta file to 'brick.png' and 'brick.png.mcmeta'. The result is quite funny:
So what I put works for Minecraft blocks, but not for Pixelmon sprites... Could be it this is thus not supported by the mod?
By SKyTheThunder
#179486 That's curious. Is Pixelmon not using the vanilla texture system or do you have to tell it to accept animations idividually? :-/
Mind to test whether it works on other Pixelmon blocks/items and what it does on the Photo item (since it uses the same texture but is an item, not part of the HUD)? Might just be a thing for this particular set of textures only.
I'd like to know more about what the issue is exactly before I make a new post on this.
JOIN THE TEAM