By BunsenGyro
#174134 Okay, so this is just a minor suggestion for something adorable: the Pokedex says that "For some reason, Swablu likes to land on people's heads softly and act like it's a hat." This got me to think about how some sort of rabbit creature in the Aether dimension mod could be put on the player's head by right-clicking it. Now, I know that's a totally unrelated mod, but I mention it because it tells me that putting mobs on one's head is definitely achievable programming-wise. So, what if Swablu could also be on a player's head, by right-clicking it? I feel like it'd be a very adorable small easter egg of sorts.

I understand from reading some other Pokemon-species-specific suggestions on this forum section that you devs don't like the idea of giving individual Pokemon unique AI, so I'm not trying to ask that you give them AI to locate nearby players, have a chance to "target" a player, having them put themselves on a head, etc. Granted, I'm not a programmer myself, so I don't know how extensive such coding might require, but I feel like making code allowing players to right-click on a Swablu to have it "mount" on the player's head wouldn't be "extensive." And just think of how adorable having Swablu hats would be!

By SKyTheThunder
#174139 There was a thread before, suggesting to let players carry small Pokémon on their heads/shoulders. The head is definitely easier, since you could just use the standing pose while most would need a different one for the shoulder. However different Growths kind of screw that up: Is a ginormous Swablu still small enough to be worn as a hat? I don't think so... You'd have to hard-code a list of wearable/unwearable Pokémon and Growth combinations...
By BunsenGyro
#174155 Why not? We can ride on mountable Pokemon regardless of their growth, no matter how silly it is -- why not let ginormous Swablu be worn as a hat? Swablu are super light at their standard size, anyway -- only 2.6 pounds, according to the Pokedex -- if you're looking at it "realistically."
By SnowBlitzz
#174176 I like this idea, though I'd like to suggest something rather off-topic but related in a way.

Pokemon below Ordinary growth shouldn't be rideable. Just wondering if this is hard to implement?
By BunsenGyro
SnowBlitzz wrote:I like this idea, though I'd like to suggest something rather off-topic but related in a way.

Pokemon below Ordinary growth shouldn't be rideable. Just wondering if this is hard to implement?

That'd be super case-sensitive, wouldn't it? Like, I have a Runt Charizard, which is just barely shorter than myself. Fun fact, that's actually about the right size for Charizard as a species, if we listen to the Pokedex. So it makes sense to be able to ride it at this size.
JOIN THE TEAM