By Deo3560
#172471 Instead of the current texture that the Regi braille blocks have now, the surface of the block should have the same texture as stone. This way randomly generated braille messages can appear on walls of mountains or caves and look blended in. Maybe it could have a pokemon or a pokemon's move on it and if you have that pokemon or a pokemon with that move first in your party it will unlock a puzzle, just like it did in ruby/sapphire/emerald in the Sealed Chamber.

By JamieS1211
#172526 What is grade 2 Braille?
By Pokenerd8
#172528 i think they are words shorten into 1 braille block

By stuperon
#172563 yes, this is basically correct.
also includes contractions for letter combinations such as "ch", "st", "ough", "ing" and "en" as well as diacritics and other "accented" type lettering.

expanding on this perhaps there's a way we can have the bumps available to be "placed" individually (just click in the area you wish the bump/s to go)? would make editing words so much simpler too.
By MoeBoy76
#172565 this sounds like something you should just texture and code yourself and if it works then we can replace what we have but dynamic loaded textures are very complicated and are the reason why the mod Carpenters' blocks isn't updating to 1.8+
By stuperon
#172790 couldn't they be made like vanilla signs perhaps? if the signs have a transparent texture themselves then the depth of them would mean being able to place and edit (possible bonus) Braille either with a raised effect (front side) or flat against the block it was placed on (back side mirrored).
also might be some of the overlay effects like shimmering and wotnot;)

sorry, i don't know if that's what's considered to be a dynamic texture.
By stuperon
#172791 another option would be to add a block that actually has mechanics to it so it changes shape depending on the gui interaction, i'm sure there's a proper name for that... this block could have nice round balls in it that protrude through the main surface when activated:)
JOIN THE TEAM