By harrymanhire
#171801 It will be nice to have the 3D Pokeballs and Items in 1.8.9 or just any update i liked it back in 1.7.10 where the Pokeballs are 3d but what if more items got put in 3d like rare candy this is just something i miss from 1.7.10 and want to see it again in 1.8.9

By SKyTheThunder
#171803 I think that's too much work for not enough gain. For the dev team anyway. Maybe you can find some people from the community who are able/willing to model and texture all the items and put them into a res pack.
If it was only Pixelmon items they wouldn't be consistent with vanilla anymore though, so you'd have to have those modeled as well...
By JamieS1211
#171822 To have the 3D pokeballs we had to render the pokeball in hand. The super hacky way that was done stopped working and clienthax has mentioned he will look into it again sometime in the future. Simply having a resource pack won't get a mesh to render in the hand as the asset used will still just be a .png file. Also the assets for all the models are in game and some items do already have meshes e.g pokeballs, fossils & orbs (kinda)
By clienthax
#171843 Yep forge thought it was a good idea to remove core functionality without providing a SUITABLE replacement,
the json stuff is totally incompatible with our model system and prob will be forever, as our system is much more flexible.
I did have a way to render the balls 3d in hand, but its rarther hacky and id not like it in the main codebase in its current state
By MrMasochism
#171943 Yes Jamie, you can specify 3d models in a texture pack, however you cannot do any of the cool composite stuff that we were doing prior to the json model code being added. The json model code is extremely limited and doesn't do what we were doing before. We'll have to come up with a whole new system of specifying models and items for pokeballs to get that going
By JamieS1211
#171952 When did this happen.... Im amazed...
JOIN THE TEAM