By Alexuum
#168440 I've been thinking about this for a while and I haven't seen this suggested, so here it goes.

It would certainly come in handy when stuck or lost deep in a cave system and you don't have a Psychic type. Maybe your Pokemon aren't doing so well and you want a quick exit? The escape rope would teleport you to a grass, dirt, stone block on the surface (if that is possible, I'm not a mod-maker by any means) OR, the nearest/last used healing table. The teleport could be random (not to make it too OP) and obviously single-use. Keep blocks or a water bucket handy... because you never know where it might teleport you! :devil:

Also, if it was craftable, it may have a similar recipe similar to a lasso, but with ender pearls instead of slimeballs.

Responses are welcome! :-)

By Xynar
#168441 A very cool way to do the Escape Rope would be right clicking a block before you enter a cave with the Rope. Then Right Clicking the Rope again in your hotbar to TP back to where you placed it.
By Febilian
Xynar wrote:A very cool way to do the Escape Rope would be right clicking a block before you enter a cave with the Rope. Then Right Clicking the Rope again in your hotbar to TP back to where you placed it.

I like this idea. That way it acts kinda like in the games, where you're teleported to the entrance of the cave/area you used the rope in. If it just teleported you to the surface that'd be somewhat different.
By Jay113355
#168590 This would be a cool alternative to digging upwards to get out of a cave. Especially if you run out of wood and pickaxes.

Another way it could work is we could give the Escape rope a damage value and decrease it based on how far you are from the safe point that you set on the surface. That way its a little more then just one use and it is also limited in distance.
JOIN THE TEAM