By Robotbo23
#168239 Okay, so this post is going to be mostly weather-related requests and how they affect gameplay similar to in the regular handheld/console versions of the Pokemon games.

First idea - Raining and sunshine (in the overworld) have respective weather uses and benefits in battle. Speed rise for Pokemon with Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, etc. abilities. Also, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, etc. can change the overworld weather temporarily. This feature would be useable in the same way other field moves could be. Dig, forage, etc. Maybe the weather effects could last a few minutes, like a normal spell in Vanilla Minecraft. This could add an interesting element of surprise and uniqueness to certain biomes. For example, using hail in a Jungle biome to cover everything with a temporary layer of snow. Using Sandstorm in a Forest biome to cause random blocks of sand to fall from the sky and then litter the landscape. (I understand this might make for unwanted sand blocks. Perhaps if not mined, the sand would eventually disappear.) Similarly, adding a Sandstorm feature in the desert sometimes could reduce visibility and add other interesting twists to exploring this biome. (Effect on Pokemon spawning described later.) But adding the Go-go goggles would serve as a way to "see through" the storm and continue as normal. This is exactly like the night vision and underwater vision associated with those two conditions.

Second idea - During thunderstorms, lightning is attracted to/strikes near Pokemon with the lightningrod ability.

Third idea - Legendary Pokemon cause weather to change in the areas they spawn. Raining above water in an Deep Ocean biome for Kyogre or perpetual daytime - motionless sun for Desert Hills for Groudon. Leaving the biome returns the game to normal.

Fourth idea - certain Pokemon spawn more readily under certain weather conditions. For example, during thunderstorms, electric and steel Pokemon are more likely to spawn in a respective biome. Or during a sandstorm, Cacnea or Gligar might be more likely to spawn because of the sand veil ability.

Fifth idea - Certain pokemon ONLY spawn under certain weather conditions. For example, Snover would spawn ONLY if it were snowing/hailing. (Or NOT under certain weather conditions.) For example, Charmander would NOT spawn while it's raining, because it would extinguish his/her tail.

Okay, that concludes all my weather-related thoughts for right now. I'll add more as I think of them. To anyone, please let me know your thoughts on these suggestions.

By Shaduun
#168935 This is a cool idea, it would be neat to see certain affects, and weather changes happen in battles, like when u bring out kyogre it starts raining, or if u use sunny day, weather stops, and the time sets to noon!

I would very much like to see if the devs add something like this to the mod, as conditional weather spawning would be neat, if not already implemented in some way
By MoeBoy76
#168937 if we integrated weather in Minecraft into battles it would only be 1-way (eg if it's raining in MC then it is raining in battle) or have a config option to disable it so that 99% of servers could stop weather and time being set every 2 minutes due to battles
By Shaduun
#169074 it would definately need to be a single player only thing, if it went multiplayer, it would need to be an effect on the screens of the players currently in battle only, and im not sure if that would be easy or not.
By SKyTheThunder
#169080 I've seen a function on a creative server that allowed players to change the daytime independent of the actual map daytime (/playertime if I remember correctly) - not sure which plugin did that though.
Something similar during battle would be nice: Client-side weather that doesn't affect the world (no snow layer, filling couldrons, daylight detector change etc.) and is only visible for those in battle.
This would probably be pretty hard to code and implement. I see loads of potential bugs, from weather effects persisting after battle to confusing other clients... I'd say sidemod potential, but way too much work for the main mod (it's just a cosmetic feature after all).
JOIN THE TEAM