By DeltaSenpai
#167772 I know this sounds like something fan made, But Light and Dark pokemon are a thing, in the TGC.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Pok%C3%A9mon_%28TCG%29%20and http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Light_Pok%C3%A9mon_%28TCG%29
I don't know what you guys could do with these Light and Darks, But i think you could someting crazy, Like turn some special attackers into physical attackers or the other way around, or make a tanky pokemon like shuckle into a speedy sweeper (2 broken?) Something along those lines, swap up the base stats or something, lets use mewtwo as a base
Turn it from a Speedy SpAtker, into having a higher base atk stat so it could be a better physical attacker, or for Dark form, turn it into a Speedy Tank with lowered offenses but drastic increases into Defences, see what i'm getting at?

By SKyTheThunder
#167789 I wouldn't change it up too much. Making a pokemon as plump as Shuckle evtemely fast is quite a stretch - or making an Unown a physical tank. Small alterations to the base stats may work better though.
I'd go about and add a few points to one stat and reduce another for the same amount. For example Light Pokemon could have +10 points in HP, Special Attack and Special Defense, but -10 in Speed, Pysical Attack and Physical Defense. Dark Pokemon would have it the other way round. That way they wouldn't be that unbalanced - even if it boosted an already good stat, it'd most likely intensify a weakness. While a Dark Tyranitar would have a devastating Attack, It'd be pretty weak to Special Attacks (which most water type moves belong to).

Then again that's kind of close to what the IVs/EVs and Natures are doing already, so it might be a bit redundant.
By Jephon
#167806 Could be a nice thing in conjunction to ev/Ivs though. Just another level of complexity to the game to get a stronger Pokemon.

Imo though, I dont think this will ever be a thing. They are already planning shadow Pokemon and while this could be cool, having both a shadow Lugia and a dark Lugia would be confusing. Esp when dark is also a type of Pokemon.

Explaining someone new to Pokemon/Pixelmon about all this... -.\

---

Having said that though.

It could be nice to have it as an invisible addition. Where you would need to check it with /force (get it? Dark or light side? Heh..)

To gain -/+ you just need to work on different goals. Making the Pokemon happy, increases the light side by a little. Using its external moves uses the light side.

Defeating Pokemon, maybe dark side. Idk
By AuraWalker
#168089 There are other possibilities here, remember from the anime? the dark pokemon were quite a bit more aggressive two. In pixelmon they could be locked as aggressive pixelmon by default, but be more dangerous. when I say this, I mean a system like, a wild dark pokemon would be able to cause physical harm to the player while outside of pokemon battles (wild only, can you imagine what players would do with pokemon that could kill another player while the other player can't do anything back? total chaos...) the dark pixelmon could also switch all surrounding pokemon (excluding light pokemon) to timid making them flea from it on sight.

Light pokemon could be classified as neutral at all times and only be switched to aggressive when a dark pokemon is nearby, making the light pokemon target it and attempt to bring it down.

These are just suggestions and I have no doubt a number of people will dislike them but... I just wanted to add on to the thought.
By PigLover1202
#168510 Shadow Pokemon don't sound like a good thing, either. I wish the devs would just stick to the main games and not go into the side ones. But I guess it's their mod and they can do what they want...
By MoeBoy76
PigLover1202 wrote:Shadow Pokemon don't sound like a good thing, either. I wish the devs would just stick to the main games and not go into the side ones. But I guess it's their mod and they can do what they want...

Shadow Pixelmon is a completely different thing to this...idea. i personally enjoyed Colosseum and XD so i am still going to make the side-mod
JOIN THE TEAM