By Battis
#166814 Hi, I'd like to suggest a nice feature that i don't think would be too hard and would really make the game fun for me in general and probably a lot more players out there. I'm a shiny hunter in most Pokemon games, i soft-reset, chain fish and do much much more.

Okay, getting on with my suggestion. I feel that a chaining system needs to be added to this mod, something along the lines of fighting Pokemon and constantly winning, but, you could get a chance that the next Pokemon you encounter in your chain would say "Success! Your high chain has allowed for this Pokemon to become Shiny!" therefore allowing shiny hunters to have more fun in the mod.

I have two ideas primarily.
Personally I would have to agree 100% on my first idea because i believe it would work a lot better than the second idea.

1 - Converting A Pokemon into a Shiny in a Wild Encounter
-
Step 1: Chain Pokemon by Constantly Winning Battles
Step 2: Sometime during your chain, a RNG(shiny could happen on your second chain or on your 300th chain) event happens in which your wild Pokemon Encounter could become a Shiny.
Step 3: "Success! Your chain has allowed for this Pokemon to become Shiny!"
Step 4: Catch Pokemon and continue/restart chain!

But there is also another way you could implement this feature.

2 - Making a Random Shiny to spawn in your general area
-
Step 1: Again.. Chain Pokemon by Constantly Winning/Running from Battles
Step 2: In the chat or somewhere on your screen it will say that because of your chain you have encountered a Shiny Pokemon
Step 3: Find the Shiny Pokemon that has spawned in your general area (100block radius) and catch it!

I did not find any other threads about Chaining but one that i did find that is kind of linked was the Masuda Method of Breeding Pokemon to become Shiny.

Thank you for reading this thread and i hope you understand why this needs to be apart of the mod due to obvious reasons.

By SKyTheThunder
#166852 I'd rather go with version 2.
Unlike in the original games, you can actually see the Pokemon you attack. It wouldn't make any sense if it then suddenly converted into a shiny...
The spawning shiny would of course have to respect the usual spawn conditions (biome, time of day, rarity, level, evo stage, etc). It wouldn't make a Gyrados spawn in the desert or a Litwick in the ocean at broad daylight...
By yoru-san
#166863 No, just no!
Shiny Pokémon are supposed to be rare... If you have tons of shiny Pokémon in your box it's nothing special anymore.
I hated that feature in gen 4 and in Pixelmon it would be even more broken because you decide what to fight which makes chaining a lot easier. I don't think the devs will like your suggestion either. If you want to ecounter more shiny Pokémon change your config.
By MoeBoy76
#166865 If it were to be aadded it's most likely it will only be done on block spawning (ie grass) and not natural spawning
By Battis
#166871 Sky2008 - I completely agree with you on this, i assumed that option 1 would work well but i guess not.

Yoru-san - Pokemon are supposed to be rare yes, but think of the amount of shinies you run past because of not being able to see them, they have a 1/8196 spawning chance, but you might be accidentally running past them all the time since you can't see all around you most of the time (trees/render distance etc) atleast you KNOW that when you are chaining, which would still take time to get a shiny, you would KNOW that you will EVENTUALLY get a shiny, you know?

MoeBoy76 - I'm not sure i understand what you mean by that?
By MoeBoy76
#166875 PixelmonGrass, it works similarly to the games, you walk through it and a wild Pixelmon may spawn and attack you, if chaining were added, that's where it would happen, not natural spawns
By Battis
#166915 MoeBoy - Thanks for clearing that up, and i hope that the chaining feature can be added in the mod in a future date :) I'm happy that you didn't instantly decline the idea.
JOIN THE TEAM