By MyOwnHarem
#166676 I have a suggestion that instead of combining Pixelmon buildings with villages, there should be randomly generated/placed towns like villages but having all custom buildings.

Buildings like: Gyms, Pixelmart, Pixelmon Center, a few NPC Houses maybe NPCs that give items, or ask for pokemon to trade.

And also having one always made where the player spawns, near the player, or some way to locate the "First" town. The first town would have a lab, where you pick your starters instead of the screen on the world load, a Pixelmon Center but no Pixelmart, and maybe a starter house acting as the players house with a "Mom" that gives running shoes.

By SKyTheThunder
#166679 If you look at current structures - both Vanilla and Pixelmon - it becomes obvious that it isn't easy to place structures. For example the reason Villages only spawn in Plains, Deserts and Savannas is that those are the only biomes flat enough that the houses aren't all over the place and the paths usable. Coding an entirely new spawning algorithm for villages in ALL biomes (as the spawn can be in any of those) is extremely hard and time consuming - I'm talking at least months of intense professional work for a small team. That is not something a free mod can provide...

As for Minecraft villages: They just started adding custom Buildings into the mod. We may see more of those (cloning lab, daycare, gyms, etc.) in the future. Also I don't know if it's possible, but there may be a way to remove/overwrite vanilla Houses and change them to Pokemon themed buildings (Although I like the fact that they stay vanilla).
JOIN THE TEAM