By frogbreath1
#166384 Now this is my first post on this site but I have been playing pixelmon for a while and I must say: you guys do a fantastic job on the modeling/overall quality. I only have a few suggestions. This first one is minor really. The ability to make pixelmon follow you or stay in a certain place. I think it would be a good thing to add a little Pokemon yellow in there. Remember when Pokemon could follow you? That was great. And that would be instead of them running all over the place like idiots. Another of my ideas would be to make starters harder to find. Sure it's hard to do in the games already but in the real games there is no way to get the other starters unless you trade. I think as tribute to the real games you should make it at least a little more difficult to find. Third of all: I think in order to get the major legendarys (Things like Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon) only able to get if you do a bunch of things in a certain order. Kind of like you did with Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. The only problem is that in the real games they don't take an event to find, and the others do. So why not make it to where you find them in the wild and make it to where you have to like, find a certain structure and have a certain item or something in order to summon the major legendarys? I think that would make finding them a much greater task to find. Fourth: You probably get this one a lot but how about some Pokemon gyms? So the badges are actually able to get. (If you guys already added this and I just didn't realize it ignore this) But yea. Last: Master balls should be harder to find. In the real games you only get one or two. the rest ya gotta catch with ultras and dusk balls. Also, What is the point of park balls? It's just 2x the chance to get a master ball. So that makes it easier to get those legendarys. I think that they should be very rare, Or you can only get one in the whole game. That would once again make legendarys harder to get. Well that is all my ideas for now :-D Please take them into consideration! But if ya don't that's okay! :-D :-D :-D
-Frog

By SKyTheThunder
frogbreath1 wrote:The ability to make pixelmon follow you or stay in a certain place. [...] And that would be instead of them running all over the place like idiots.

This kind of exists, but is extremely wonky and seems to depend on the Pokemon (?). I agree that a better system would be nice though. Maybe harnessing the Vanilla dog/cat AI?
frogbreath1 wrote:I think in order to get the major legendarys (Things like Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon) only able to get if you do a bunch of things in a certain order. Kind of like you did with Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

As far as I'm aware this is planned. Takes some time to implement & balance though.
frogbreath1 wrote:Master balls should be harder to find. In the real games you only get one or two. the rest ya gotta catch with ultras and dusk balls.

I disagree there. Since it's entirely luck based (minimal chance form bosses/loot) it is not guaranteed you will find many of them - even though the chance is there. Personally I haven't found a single one since the mod updated to 1.7...
JOIN THE TEAM