By enenra
#165333 I'm not sure this is the right place for it. If it isn't, apologies.

This is concerning the Spawn of Psyduck sidemod.

Right now, as I understand, the only way to associate a pixelmon with a certain biome to spawn in is to list that specific biome under their entry in the config file. This works perfectly well if you just want to add a biome for a certain pixelmon to spawn in. However, as soon as the change is for more than a single pixelmon, things start to get really tedious: For example, say, you have a new biome that is an ocean variation and you want all pixelmon spawning in the biome 0 (vanilla ocean) to also spawn in your new biome. That is a monumental task as a simple search and replace will not really work well. And because there's probably about a hundred pixelmon whose entries would need to be adjusted.

So as an addition to the current system, offer a second option: The option to set a biome X as "equal" to another biome Y. Hence, all pixelmon that already spawn in biome Y due to it having been entered into their normal lists, will now also spawn in biome X.

Honestly it's not really an end-all solution to the problem though as it only works with biomes that are similar to an already existing one. But it's the from what I could tell "most simple" method I could think of to solve that particular issue in a satisfactory way.

The way I could imagine it working specifically is in a json file, a list like so:
Code: Select all   "associations": {
      // ocean
      "0": [
      ],
      // another biome
      "1": [
      ]
   }

By MoeBoy76
#165334 alrighty, i'll do the following:
1) configs and the CSV will be located in ~/config/spawnofpsyduck/
2) spawnofpsyduck.cfg will become pixelmon-info.cfg
3) the associations config will be name biome-mappings.cfg/json and will work in the way you have described
By enenra
#165343 Awesome, thank you so much!

I assume this is for the latest 1.8 version? I absolutely understand if that's the case. However, most mods adding biomes (I'd say) are actually for 1.7.10. So the legacy version would be more affected by that. But of course as soon as more of those mods are available for 1.8 it would still be immensely useful for that too.
By MoeBoy76
#165344 which ones aren't updated? BoP is updated (hence having a 1.8 SoP), ExtraBiomesXL isn't, which is a shame but they seem to put out an update every 4-6 months+ it looks like

but anyway, yes, there won't be any more 1.7 side-mod updates since i decided to stop (nobody else is making any for 1.7 anymore either)
By hi_death
#166735 I like that this is being added, but will this also support Biomes O Plenty? My friends and I started a server very recently with BoP and added SoP, but it wasn't working. I even spent a couple hours configuring the config with new biomes for pokemon to try to fix it, but no pokemon are spawning in BoP biomes still. This would be harder (and a bit more time consuming, but I think VERY worth it), but I would think better Biome O Plenty integration would be good for the mod. The more biomes would make a more interesting and involved addon to the mod, giving more possibilities for spawning areas.
By hi_death
#166784 We have the latest version of pixelmon so the world is 1.8. Does spawn of psyduck still work then? I'm sure we have the latest version (but we may not, I'm not sure). If spawn of psyduck isn't 1.8 that's something that would be appreciated. If it is, then I guess I'm just having technical difficulties.
By hi_death
#166785 *EDIT* Apparently we have the latest version and it DOES work, but you have to run a command whenever we start up the server, which isn't intuitive. Second, the spawning biomes for pokemon doesn't feel complete (as I went through the file myself).
JOIN THE TEAM