By MetaLazer
#165165 Alright, so I've been thinking:

The Pokemon should act like a tamed wolf and protect you and attack others...
THEN I realized that would kinda be pointless considering there are no mobs (by default and preferred by many and me).

SO THEN I remembered a few scenes from Pokemon Movies and I want to have a real time battle with Pokemon AND Players. I feel like Pixelmon should spawn their own system of battle AS WELL as keeping the traditional battle system. (And for people who hates being randomly killed, a simple command/config should make the player/server more peaceful)

From Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Pokemon having a war

From The Origin of Mewtwo, The Clone war

From The Origin of Mewtwo, Punching a Mewtwo (yeah, I'd like to try that... not)

There's a few more examples of Pokemon vs Pokemon, Pokemon vs Humans, and Humans vs Humans, but now it's all just in back stories. So why not add real time PVP with Pokemon?

I'm just thinking about the Pokemon has an AI of a tamed wolf, but has one or two different attacks for every type.

By AcedDunsparce
#165205 This seems like a very well though idea. Although one issue.

This would take much effort and time for an idea that all players might not use.

For example, especially on special typed attacks, (Hyper Beam, Flamethrower, ect), There would have to be an animation added, which would take time, and more time. Of course, I'm supporting the idea, that's just it's one flaw.

Regardless, Great idea (again)
By MetaLazer
#165209 I do understand how hard it would be, but I was thinking just starting out small, like a beta system. Just like how the Pokemon battle now: a jumping animation (not really an animation, but they jump)

The only difference from wolves would be that they would put in values for the Pokemon's stat. Attack determines how much hearts it deals, Defense is how much armor points they have, and hp is, well, how much hearts or health they have.

Also, I just wanna piss off a legendary by simply punching it. I don't know why, but it may just feel satisfying...
By MoeBoy76
#165211 Problem 1: Being able to damage Pixelmon makes them easier to catch, which is why it is disabled
Problem 2: Pixelmon are animals which means they are non-hostile and cannot attack, switching them to a neutral/hostile creature would likely cause some major code headaches
Problem 3: The majority of players will likely not use this feature and many servers will want to disable it
By MetaLazer
#165213 It's true that many people won't like it, I understand.
And I was just referring to battles with other players, not the wild. I was just trying to think up of a PVP fight with wolves being replaced as Pokemon.

Oh, and I find many things in Pixelmon becoming useless like weapons, armor, and other stuff. It just feels odd.
By Some Body
#165314 This is a fundamental change to a core mechanic in Pixelmon. As evidenced by other game communities, massive changes like these will not be well-received by the Pixelmon community and are not worth the development time to implement and balance.
JOIN THE TEAM