By starMUNCH
#165136 So there was this feature in the Gen 4 games (maybe the Gen 5 games?) that is pretty overlooked, but also really cool. Pretty much you add things on your pokeball that you can buy and it will make particle effects when sent out into battle. With all the particles minecraft has, this would be REALLY neat to see, and have a lot of aesthetic use in servers.

By ceejayvee61
#165182 I am pretty sure it was Gen 4 because contests were in Gen 3 and then ball capsules were added. I agree it would be cool, a heart effect was even in the game too.
By IaeyanElyuex
#165260 I was a little leery about this one due to the possibility of abuse, but then I remembered that this is Minecraft. People build inappropriate things all the time. Trolls would rather build certain anatomy parts out of blocks than make something rude with particles. And just think- the particle effects aren't limited to the vanilla Minecraft particles. Pixelmon could have its own particle sheet. There could be capsule seals for various teams, and there could be an Arceus symbol in case you're some kind of Arceist. This is a good idea.
By SKyTheThunder
#165326 To be crafted by surronding a Cooked Apricorn with an item that determines the particle? The color of the Apricorn would determine the particles' colors. Like, surrounding a Cooked Red Apricorn with Cobblestone (?) would get you red general particles - the same as Premier Balls. Then just rightclick the Capsule on one of your Pokemon to apply it.
Fancier particles would reqire more rare materials of course (8x Masterball for Arceus particle? ;) ).
By Isi
#165352 A particle effect on a few types of Pokeball, only affected when throwing out and actually triggering a battle, isn't that bad an idea if it's being sought after. Obviously we just wouldn't want it to happen on a standard throw, because there are those people who would just be out to crash your client.
By Hylia
#168054 I think that the capsules and the seals should be crafted separately. The capsule could be crafted with whatever recipe, then there could be an interface to add seals to the capsule in different ways to mix and match effects and stuff. The capsule could then be put on a Pokemon's Pokeball and ta-da! You have your customized capsule effect. When the particles show I think should be toggleable client side, with a video settings feature to decide whether the particles show on every throw, just in battles and/or so-and-so situation, or not at all. This way people could avoid being lagged out by the particles if their computer can't take it.
By SKyTheThunder
#168068 Just had an idea:
Anyone remember vanilla Minecraft Firework Stars? Why create our own particle systems when we can use an existing one? Just craft a base Capsule with up to 8 different Firework Stars to create the corresponding particle effect.
JOIN THE TEAM