Forum rules: 
  • Do not post servers with hacked versions of Pixelmon, Technic modpacks, or cracked Minecraft. Your post will be removed and you will be banned.
  • Bumping a topic without meaningful discussion should be limited to once every 7 days.
  • Don't make a general post where you ask to be an operator/leader. If you want to be one, make an application on the server where you want to be one.
  • If you make a post about your server, don't give it a generic name like 'new server' or 'Pixelmon server'. We'll ask you to change it or remove it entirely.
  • Don't attempt to hire any server staff here. Use the Looking for Staff forum instead.
  • Don't use caps lock. The only attention it'll get you is that of the forum moderators.
  • Don't make more than one post about the same server. Players will join, so don't advertise it on a lot of posts.
  • If you want your topic removed, put 'remove this topic' in your title so we can see.
  • No advertising on other servers.
  • No advertising 3rd party services.
  • Stick to the rules, and have fun playing!
By Mcwala
#174812 The Night Shade Server is so far one of the best pixelmon servers that I had ever played on as the staffs are nice, the rules are easy to follow, and that the plugins are amazing to play with and that I can safely build a decent home without it being destroyed by a grief er. I hope that this server stay amazing and that it improves for the best.

-MC_Wala

By JOSH71
#175838 I feel this server is tons of fun there are very active members of the community cheap store prices many gym leaders to battle and so much more. this server is a great server because there are many opportunity's in a very welcoming and fun PG community. this server also has some of the best structures and town I've ever seen so get online and be the very best the best there ever was.
By Phorcys23
#178347 Hello this is creamcheese24 (Minecraft username). I love this server and recommend it for anyone who plays Pixelmon. Or anyone who likes pokemon. Again This server is amazing. Also I think you should add have a warp to a mining place. I like the rtp command and the claim shovels. It makes it easy to protect your stuff in Pixelmon. I'm always worried about my base being stolen by someone. But this server makes it impossible for that to happen. This server is great!
By RockDude321
#181125 The NightShade Server experience...This can be described with 2 words, Friendly and Fun. The second i logged onto the server I was greeted kindly and was instantly helped out to start my pixelmon journey, In my opinion this is the best pixelmon server out there (I have played on a few) but this was the only one I felt welcomed and wanted in the server. The fun is speaks for it self, just log on for at least 30mins and I garantee you will have a great time
By TheApexPred
#187337 I have been playing on this server for about 2 weeks now, and I am in LOVE with it. I was told about it from my friend TheMillerCurse, and we have skyped and played together. It's been a BLAST! Whenever I get the chance, I check in and catch new things. The staff are so friendly too! I highly recommend playing on the server. Another great thing about the server is that there is like no lag. I think if they added one thing, it should be a shop.
Ign: TheApexPred

Thanks!
By Noahgg
#187344 I absolutely LOVE this server. I had played on many Pixelmon servers before, but none like NightShade. Everyone on the server is so friendly, and all of the staff members are incredibly helpful and mature. In all of my time on this highly enjoyable server, I have had soooo much fun. I recommend this server to anyone wanting a friendly, fun and fantastic Pixelmon server. See you online!
IGN: Noahgg13
By IrishToastNA
#188519 This server is great for people who are just starting pixelmon and for even those who are veterans of the mod! The server features nice staff and goofy people that anyone would get along with. The server also boasts an amazing Discord server where you can chat with the staff and friends even if you aren't on the server. Overall, a great server with an amazing community.

IGN: TheBaconBishop
By NaerenVastir
#188694 What do you think about NightShade? (50 words or more): This server is one of the nicer ones i've tried recently. it uses an older version of the game so there are some things not available, but i've experienced almost no lag and friendly players. Voting rewards are randomized, can get pokemon, items (both vanilla and pixelmon related) and crate keys, which add a second level of randomness to what you can get.
Ingame Minecraft Username: Naeren
By mesmerrow
#189035 Introduction
NightShade is one of the better Pixelmon servers as i have personally played on a couple of
Pixelmon servers, i can confirm that NightShade is up there with the good once, however
NightShade still have a long way to go when it comes to activities and attracting new players.

Server
NightShade hosts a great server on American soil, pretty much no lag,
(outside of the usual tiny lag spikes that happens every now and then) and i am even playing from Europe,
The game runs smoothly.

Crafting & Items
pretty much everything Pixelmon works, except a few Pixelmon related items that appears to not be craftable,
but weirdly enough sold in the admin shop, for in game money.

Biome
The overworld (or seed as some might call it) is good, no biome is too far away, and no biome is too small or too large,
everything fits in perfectly.

NightShade in-game
You start on a Spawn area with mostly low level Pokemon, and can chose to venture out on your own or stay in the spawn area
for some extended training or exploration, there is no pvp in the overworld so you are safe from pretty much everything and
Should you drown or burn in lava, you get to keep all your items and the /back command can even assist you in getting back to the spot you died on,
Outside you venture out to a wild world, there is no staff made towns or cities, every town or city you bump into is made by individual players and
registered as official towns and cities, the town and cities have everything from shops to breeding areas and some even have pokemon gyms should you feel the need to battle for a badge.
Not interested in the too large cities or too boring towns ? make your own house then! you can build pretty much wherever you like (as long as it's not right next to a city or town)
Sometimes down the road you might feel an itch to fight some mobs and there is a place for that, welcome to the nether, pvp is on and dying is the real deal this time around, the nether is open for everyone brave enough to fight and explore the horrors.

The community & Staff
The community, the most important part of any Minecraft Server, a toxic or friendly community can be the difference between a wonderfull experience or a down right horrible one,
Lucky NightShade is all friendly and no toxic, except for the random rude person every now and then that is bound to happen sooner or later, the staff handles it quickly and professionally.
The community along with the staff is friendly and helpful, the NightShade staff is mature and understanding, they answer question on the NightShade discord channel,
they help solve problems in game and on Discord and will even assist on certain complicated issues or requests, Some times too proud of NightShade, they still have more to learn.
Something i noticed about the activity of the staff is that you have to be online at certain times of the day to catch a staff member as it seems like the staff is mostly if not
all in the same time zone, now this is not an issue, mostly just a minor loophole for a possible greifer to exploit, or the long waiting time on everything from important to minor requests.
However the lack of new players or "in-game activity" can sometimes be discouraging or down right boring, new Players are few and too far in between.
The Discord chat app/website have tons of people idling every day in and day out that you start to question if they have ever played on the NightShade server
or when was the last time they logged in to the NightShade server.
A lack of official and none-official events also haunts the NightShade server, as none-official events and even more so official events are few and rare,
It would be great if we had more official events hosted by the NightShade staff, that way we might be able to attract more players.

NightShade also have a website with a forum, donation store, voting and more.

Verdict
Overall the NightShade server is great, The in-game players are friendly as well as on Discord, the staff is mature and very helpful.
The overworld is full of nature to allow everyone to explore and build, and even seek out towns and cities to live in if prefered.
The nether is just the right place if you are itching for a fight, or just to get your hands one some of the nether exclusive items.

Ign: Pectyl
JOIN THE TEAM