By Losaru
#40709 I am sad to say that my opinions of the server has changed a bit since we updated and more people have come on.

It is probably a mix of my hardware, software, and internet, but the server itself seems to cut out alot when I'm playing. I've timed it and there are times that it closes and I've been on less than 5 minutes. Other times have been time outs and some error about software that is either the server itself or something with my software that I don't know about. I've tried different clients and even the original minecraft one and even unblocked all java from the firewall and I still get it so it's not one of those. I also know that it can be due to how ever many is on and while that is hard to control, I think it has finally started to push me away.

I have also found the rush of many new members to be rather intimidating. I don't have time to meet many of them and there are some that I have found to be rather off-putting, mainly with mannerisms such as always begging instead of asking politely and spamming up the chat over and over (when not testing for lag), even when people answer. There are some other things too, but they are more report-able and wouldn't be an issue were it not for the other factors. I'm not looking for happy flowers but it would be nice to see more common manners.

Those I have met are very friendly and I was feeling excited to try for my first badge, but with how things are going, I'm afraid I cannot keep going on. It'll only frustrate me more when I cannot stay on for more than 5 minutes and it just seems too crowded and uncontrolled.
By RedShadow457
Losaru wrote:I am sad to say that my opinions of the servers have changed a bit since we updated and more people have come on.

It is probably a mix of my hardware, software, and internet, but the server itself seems to cut out alot when I'm playing. I've timed it and there are times that it closes and I've been on less than 5 minutes. Other times have been time outs and some error about software that is either the server itself or something with my software that I don't know about. I've tried different clients and even the original minecraft one and even unblocked all java from the firewall and I still get it so it's not one of those. I also know that it can be due to how ever many is on and while that is hard to control, I think it has finally started to push me away.

I have also found the rush of many new members to be rather intimidating. I don't have time to meet many of them and there are some that I have found to be rather off-putting, mainly with mannerisms such as always begging instead of asking politely and spamming up the chat over and over (when not testing for lag), even when people answer. There are some other things too, but they are more report-able and wouldn't be an issue were it not for the other factors. I'm not looking for happy flowers but it would be nice to see more common manners.

Those I have met are very friendly and I was feeling excited to try for my first badge, but with how things are going, I'm afraid I cannot keep going on. It'll only frustrate me more when I cannot stay on for more than 5 minutes and it just seems too crowded and uncontrolled.

Losaru we knew we would get a surge of new players when we first updated to the new pixelmon. The reason people spam is that when we are getting masses of new players they wish to challenge the gyms. Now with myself and another admins running the first, second and third gyms if we are in a battle whilst seilucan has been offline, Byers being busy this weekend and hush having real world issues to handle all the help is required from the moderators for some tasks they cannot handle at this time. Once people get past the first few gyms we will be more available to help people.

The server stopping is unknown to me seeming as how Jishness is the only member to have full panel access meaning he is the only one who can sort it.

The timeouts you reported will be your connection to your broadband. I get them at peak times and its not just for minecraft as I disconnect from mumble and have to reboot my router which tends to fix it.
By Losaru
#40727 I understand Red and I know you guys are very helpful, probably the best I've seen, but I think I have found I am more suited for something more whitelisted. I may come back I don't know. But for the meantime I have unclaimed all as my own connections and whatever may be going on with the server have not made a good time for me. I am quite sure others do have a better time however and I hope the server gains more notoriety.
By RedShadow457
Losaru wrote:I understand Red and I know you guys are very helpful, probably the best I've seen, but I think I have found I am more suited for something more whitelisted. I may come back I don't know. But for the meantime I have unclaimed all as my own connections and whatever may be going on with the server have not made a good time for me. I am quite sure others do have a better time however and I hope the server gains more notoriety.

Well it's a shame to see you go (probably especially for Lucas, he totally had a thing for you XD) if you come back we'll be sure you get a warm welcome' and good luck and have fun on a quieter server.

And remember if you ever need more tech support to send me a message and ill see if I can help
By Byers5985
#40971 There has been a huge increase of players lately and we cant wait for the next tournament there have been daily drop party's and we have been giving out starter kits to new players this server also includes a way to protect land! :D
By jishness
#41374 Server will have some downtime a week from now. Exact time I do not know but it will be down for a few hours on June 4th. This is because I will be moving the files from one server to another. We're doing this to make the server match our actual usage, so it is cheaper, and will thus last longer so that everyone who enjoys playing here will have a server to stay on.
JOIN THE TEAM