By karrybird
firetools wrote:Gen Iv, as far as new pokemon go, was sloppy with half, and great with the other half (But it made up for it with the awesome new battle mechanics, and New dimensions, as well as some new awesome Evo's to old pokemon)

I personally felt that Gen V was just lazy. I mean, sure the 3d-ness was cool, but the new pokemon werent that awesome( Seriously?!?! Ice cream and trash????) And It really didnt introduce anything new (although it made multiplayer awesome) I just feel as if in everything new they made they half did it.

P.S. Karry I would <3 you forever if you did the Lux line :D

haha, i will try to hold back my rage at what i just read.

there are sooo many amazing pokemon in this gen, the only ones that ANYONE ever use in the argument against it are those same two pokemon. great, that's two bad pokemon out of a whole generation of awesome. they seem to leave out the epic ones that this gen has introduced like zoroark, archen, excadrill, hydreigon, scraggy, the starters, braviary, mandibuzz, joltik, galvantula, yamask, chandelure my god the list goes on.
i can't say the same for the first couple gens, they were nothing but crap and their games weren't memorable at all. (the remakes of gold and silver were wonderful, but those don't count for these gens, only 4th)

i'd say this gen was by FAR the most creative in terms of design and concept. and the games were stunningly beautiful for a ds game. it also introduced a TON of new features, like triple and rotation battles which are surprisingly a lot of fun to take part in! there are tons more features, but i'll let you search them up yerself, bulbapedia is a great source to look at.
but calling this gen sloppy utterly burns me to the very core because it is so far from the truth.

/rant

in other news, i would gladly take on the lux line!

By zero_breaker
karrybird wrote:in other news, i would gladly take on the lux line!

OMG I LOVE YOU
I NEED A FRIGGIN LUXRAY
By RecklessMetal
#29572 I'm not calling it sloppy based on just the pokemon, because I love pretty much every new psychic tyype they added. But let's be serious, Emboar was un-inventive as a starter, and IMO the legendaries this gen were terrible

My biggest problem with Gen V, was how it didn't add anything HUGE

I mean Gen 1 started the whole monster catching thing, made it multiplayer, and made it awesome

Gen 2- Added Breeding, EV's, IV's, The Special split(Changed the meta game), had the best designed pokemon, added day and night, the first pre-battle frontier option(Pokemon tower), roaming legendaries, MAde pokemon sprites 1o's of times better, and SO much more. In my opinion this was the most revolutionary pokemon game

Gen 3- Added Double battling, NAtures, and ablilities(Which COMPLETELY changed the metagame), and made more vibrant sprites, the battle frontier, and wasn't awesome as far as pokemon went, but it was 50/50 for me like the next two gen's

Gen 4- Added the Physical Special split, which was revolutionary( It added so much more depth and also COMPLETELY changed the metagame), was the first gen to really try and capture a multiplayer feel beyond just battling, and really expanded on the day and night system, as well as a few other things i cannot think of. IMO the second most innovative generation

Gen 5- Added Triple Battles, added way better animations (Which is cool admittedly), And redefined Multiplayer(In such an awesome way), I felt as if the pokemon were either really good (Bisharp, Haxorus, Gurdurr etc) or Really bad (Trubbish, Vanilice) Or just flat out copies of previous pokemon (Bouffalant alomala)
By karrybird
firetools wrote:I'm not calling it sloppy based on just the pokemon, because I love pretty much every new psychic tyype they added. But let's be serious, Emboar was un-inventive as a starter, and IMO the legendaries this gen were terrible

My biggest problem with Gen V, was how it didn't add anything HUGE

I mean Gen 1 started the whole monster catching thing, made it multiplayer, and made it awesome

Gen 2- Added Breeding, EV's, IV's, The Special split(Changed the meta game), had the best designed pokemon, added day and night, the first pre-battle frontier option(Pokemon tower), roaming legendaries, MAde pokemon sprites 1o's of times better, and SO much more. In my opinion this was the most revolutionary pokemon game

Gen 3- Added Double battling, NAtures, and ablilities(Which COMPLETELY changed the metagame), and made more vibrant sprites, the battle frontier, and wasn't awesome as far as pokemon went, but it was 50/50 for me like the next two gen's

Gen 4- Added the Physical Special split, which was revolutionary( It added so much more depth and also COMPLETELY changed the metagame), was the first gen to really try and capture a multiplayer feel beyond just battling, and really expanded on the day and night system, as well as a few other things i cannot think of. IMO the second most innovative generation

Gen 5- Added Triple Battles, added way better animations (Which is cool admittedly), And redefined Multiplayer(In such an awesome way), I felt as if the pokemon were either really good (Bisharp, Haxorus, Gurdurr etc) or Really bad (Trubbish, Vanilice) Or just flat out copies of previous pokemon (Bouffalant alomala)

ok true, but EVERY gen has it's goods and bads, and honestly, the first gens offered the worst rosters out there imo. i still think you people are heavily outweighing the bad vs the good. some people are letting two crappy pokemon ruin their opinions on the whole gen. which imo, trubbish actually has some sort of charm that i just can't hate (garbodor is too ugly to like though) same goes with the ice creams, they aren't that bad!

your also missing quite a bit of new features, maybe not revolutionizing ones, but they are really great nonetheless. which is why white 2 stands as my second favorite pokemon game in the series (not counting spin-offs)

p.s. i don't think bouffalant is a copy at all, is it just because it's a bison?
By The_Nanobots
karrybird wrote:in other news, i would gladly take on the lux line!

Yes please do Luxray.

Quite frankly the animations made up for whatever bad stuff that may or may not have had in gen V
By LilacLily
karrybird wrote:i don't think bouffalant is a copy at all, is it just because it's a bison?

Well, it DOES look a bit like Tauros. But hey, cmon. It's a Pokémon nonetheless.
By karrybird
LilacLily wrote:
karrybird wrote:i don't think bouffalant is a copy at all, is it just because it's a bison?

Well, it DOES look a bit like Tauros. But hey, cmon. It's a Pokémon nonetheless.

very slightly, they aren't even the same animal though. tauros is a bull, and bouffalant is a buffalo, big difference there.
By Jack_Attack12
#29981 I think the only way the look the same, is because they both have the same color schematics. But i think boufalant is alot more .... "pleasant to the eyes" when tauros is just a bit.. Bland.
-Anyway. Off topic. Ill stop.
By karrybird
Jack_Attack12 wrote:I think the only way the look the same, is because they both have the same color schematics. But i think boufalant is alot more .... "pleasant to the eyes" when tauros is just a bit.. Bland.
-Anyway. Off topic. Ill stop.

agreed :)
JOIN THE TEAM