By SPG
karrybird wrote:
SPG wrote:looks like i need to pull out them models karry to get my point across lol

i am not sure of what you mean by that, lol.

this is what i mean
Spoiler:

after looking at these pics, you can see the body is to fat in the front view and looks very odd with how you have it, sure you go for "simple" models, but his body just doesnt fit. you can also see that in the main body block is also too big for the back and looks very unnatural, and the head...... just....... idk, the pics explain it, its up to you if you wan to redo it, it just feels off putting (lost for words)

By karrybird
SPG wrote:this is what i mean
Spoiler:

after looking at these pics, you can see the body is to fat in the front view and looks very odd without how you have it, sure you go for "simple" models, but his body just doesnt fit. you can also see that in the main body block is also too big for the back and looks very unnatural, and the head...... just....... idk, the pics explain it, its up to you if you wan to redo it, it just feels off putting (lost for words)

well...i'm definitely not redoing this, i've spent more time on this model than i normally do. is there any other way i could fix this without altering the block sizes?

i also did post a wip of this model without textures...you really should've mentioned something then. XD
By SPG
karrybird wrote:
SPG wrote:this is what i mean
Spoiler:

after looking at these pics, you can see the body is to fat in the front view and looks very odd without how you have it, sure you go for "simple" models, but his body just doesnt fit. you can also see that in the main body block is also too big for the back and looks very unnatural, and the head...... just....... idk, the pics explain it, its up to you if you wan to redo it, it just feels off putting (lost for words)

well...i'm definitely not redoing this, i've spent more time on this model than i normally do. is there any other way i could fix this without altering the block sizes?

i also did post a wip of this model without textures...you really should've mentioned something then. XD

no there isnt, sorry, and i didnt say anything because i have a few personal rules, if i cant really make a decent judgment on it, i wont say anything and the other one would be (i some times void this one) i wont make comments on gen 2+ pokemon unless i feel like it really is needed, like for you, you know what you are doing, most people that do gen 2+ dont
edit - you also only gave me one angle, and i was at school most the time when you posted this, or i was playing bioshock
By karrybird
SPG wrote:no there isnt, sorry, and i didnt say anything because i have a few personal rules, if i cant really make a decent judgment on it, i wont say anything and the other one would be (i some times void this one) i wont make comments on gen 2+ pokemon unless i feel like it really is needed, like for you, you know what you are doing, most people that do gen 2+ dont
edit - you also only gave me one angle, and i was at school most the time when you posted this, or i was playing bioshock

ok, i guess i didn't have this up long enough to give real judgement. but to be fair it was just supposed to be a little sneak peek at first.

but honestly, does it really look THAT bad that i absolutely have to change it?
By SPG
karrybird wrote:
SPG wrote:no there isnt, sorry, and i didnt say anything because i have a few personal rules, if i cant really make a decent judgment on it, i wont say anything and the other one would be (i some times void this one) i wont make comments on gen 2+ pokemon unless i feel like it really is needed, like for you, you know what you are doing, most people that do gen 2+ dont

ok, i guess i didn't have this up long enough to give real judgement. but to be fair it was just supposed to be a little sneak peek at first.

but honestly, does it really look THAT bad that i absolutely have to change it?

i cant answer that, my method of modeling differs from yours way too much, but at least skinny up the body, because i know you can do that....
By Skibb
GiantVegeta wrote:put it up for approval its awsome

It can't get approved because it's not gen 1 :P Other than that, I agree, this looks adorable <3 But SPG is right with his criticism.
By karrybird
#20879 ok, changed the main body shape, it's a bit more slender now an less box-like.
hopefully you guys like it more now :)
it was difficult since the texture map was so crammed, had to rearrange some things to make this work.
By KuryoZT
#20881 Before, when I first saw the gen5 starters, I was thinking : If I play, I'll choose snivy, he's the less-horrible.
But with that, I'd be happy to actully take snivy, awsome work Karry
By karrybird
KuryoZT wrote:Before, when I first saw the gen5 starters, I was thinking : If I play, I'll choose snivy, he's the less-horrible.
But with that, I'd be happy to actully take snivy, awsome work Karry

as soon as i saw snivy revealed i thought to myself "that's it! i have found my favorite pokemon!" and then archen was revealed and snivy was pushed to third :D
but i'm glad you like this, i personally can't wait to get more starter choices in game, tired of the oldies.
JOIN THE TEAM