By chaosxspirit
#133129 The Model:

Image for Reference:

This is my first go at modeling. Haven't gotten into UV mapping, texturing, or anything else i may need to do but don't know of yet.
I wouldn't mind criticism and/or tips/useful links to good tutorials i should check out.

By xChance
#133135 1. Well the circle ear things beside it's head curve from its head to the (ears?). Your models (ears?) looks really flimsy because it has only a corner connecting the (ears?) to the head.

2. The dress looks too blocky (maybe add more polys to it (Not too much though.) and maybe smooth it?).

3. The arms are too thin and the arms go from fat to thin, not thin to fat (Not drastically though.). Also the cuffs look too blocky only 1 or 2 more faces might do the trick.

4. The neck is a lot smoother and less like an upside-down funnel.

Otherwise It's actually pretty nice. Oh having official art work with the post is so helpful, shows people what you originally based it after.
By joshua_DA
#133137 Very nice for a first model :) now for my criticism: those arms need to have more fatter a little bit, they seem to be very thin. also, it's better if you make the ribbons one mesh rather than 2 "plates" put beside each other to look like a ribbon, other than that, great first model!

also, xchance, how the heck does that even look too blocky? looks fine already.
By xChance
#133139 Who's frozenjemima? If your referring to me then what did I mention that you think is invalid criticism?
By joshua_DA
xChance » 28 Jul 2014 01:59 wrote:Who's frozenjemima? If your referring to me then what did I mention that you think is invalid criticism?

sry, i got some names wrong >.> was referring to you......
By xChance
#133141 Fair enough mate, anyway please let me know what part of my criticism is invalid. The body has too many edges, yes I know that you don't want it too smooth; it is still minecraft of course but the edges really do stick out on it and the cuffs just need 1 or 2 more faces nothing major.

Edit: Just call me Chance, xChance is unnecessary :P.
By TheBootyEdition
#133144 You said it your self man, we are talking minecraft, low polys are always necessary, we aren't making the new edition of battle revolution. And why add more polys to something that doesn't need them? It actually may have too many polys but just in the face area, other then that polys are perfectly fine Also official artwork is never a good example to model off of just letting you know
xChance » 28 Jul 2014 02:03 wrote:Fair enough mate, anyway please let me know what part of my criticism is invalid. The body has too many edges, yes I know that you don't want it too smooth; it is still minecraft of course but the edges really do stick out on it and the cuffs just need 1 or 2 more faces nothing major.

Edit: Just call me Chance, xChance is unnecessary :P.

Ok moving to feedback, Definitely a very good model for the first, the point on the head needs to be moved more at a downward angle, the bow needs to be smaller, the head fan things needs to be fanned out more, and as josh said make the arms fatter , this is just first glance but definitely look up some more references other then the official artwork.
By xChance
#133146 Fair enough mate, I know it's minecraft not battle revolution but the edges are so.... noticeable on the dress but whatever you guys know a tonne more than me on this. What about the ears though they look so flimsy.
By zero_breaker
#133147 Adding my onw feedbacks here.
The model seems too slanted to the front, Right now it's more like Gothitelle is leaning forward or walking. The armband thingies are supposed to be a (really) flat sphere, and the spike on the head should be tilted backwards, right now it looks kind of strange.
As for the ears, they look alright, only a bit jarring compared to the rest of the model which looks more detailed.
Other than that, this is indeed quite good for a first model.
By chaosxspirit
#133209 Thanx for all the feedback guys! Really appreciate the time.

I agree the dress is a bit blocky, I was trying to keep the polycount down but I'm gunna smoothen it out with a few extra and see if I feel like the extra polys make enough of a differance to sacrifice.

The idea of the less dull tear shaped head is good, gunna shit a few veticies.

The cuffs/bracelets definately need redone, probably gunna flatten a sphere to replace them and fatten them stick arms a bit.

The ribbins, I will tinker with. Thinking maybe pinching a sphere in half will do the trick.

And the ear circle things... I might pull them into the head a bit.

Also, I used a model from a site you guys probably know of for reference other than just this pic, but just for others to get the idea i posted just the normal pic and not the reference model.
JOIN THE TEAM