By gilbert12888
#100608 Try to not make the model from unmodified spheres, cylinders, cones, and such. Take a look around the modeling threads and note how you should try to model. You can make a much more accurate model by doing so. Look at some modeling tutorials on youtube. Also, your model is too high poly.
-Gilbert
By PokeWillpower
Rtiger_Ninjart wrote:I use techne, just in case that matters.

Don't.

Just, don't. Use Blender or something of the sort.
Poly means polygon, more polygons means a smoother object, but Minecraft can't take it very well so you have to keep the amount of polys low.

Also, they want people to make Gen 1 models when they're starting out unless the "other" model is really good, you're not getting anywhere with garba-err... Techne.
By lugiaisbeast101
Rtiger_Ninjart wrote:I use techne, just in case that matters.

See, now how did I know that this model was made in techne? The idiotic texture flickering in that program.

Yeah you should do what they said and try and use Blender or Maya (or any other 3D modeling program that exports .obj

files). I have also never heard anyone say that they wanted you to do Gen 1 models to start you off, just try an easy pokemon

that you like. I say easy so you can grasp a hold of the program and making pokemon, then you can proceed to the more advanced

pokemon if you wish. There's guides (in the guide section), and youtube to help you out with modeling in Blender.
JOIN THE TEAM