By Arsonist
Arsonist wrote:Gettin' a real condiscending tone from your post dude, can't say i appreciate it. :/
You did make some points though. I'll see what i can do about the eyes on Luxio and Shinx, and i'll shift the pupil on luxray.
As for the tufts, it's a low poly model, they're gonna be blocky. I'll flatten the tips and soften the edges' normals but that's about all im gonna do to em.

Question for whoever puts the models into the game... if you care to read this post. Do the edge normals change back to hard once they're implemented into the mod? Has it been tested?

(Keep hitting that damn report button instead of edit and reply :x )
Anyway, plastered Shinx and Luxio's eyes onto their base geo, got rid of the eye geo at the behest of Karry. Shrunk some paws, mended some others. Fixed Luxray's sight problem. Think that's as close as they're gonna get folks.

By karrybird
#84704 i wasn't being condescending, i was just stating what needed fixing without sugar coating it.
now i think the only major problem is the size of the eyes, they look way too large. for shinx and luxio only, luxray looks fine.
luxio also still looks like he's looking up, maybe point the pupils just slightly down more?
By Arsonist
#84746 Twasn't the lack of sugar coating, i can handle criticism, otherwise these models wouldn't be getting any better. But whenever someone says 'a piece of advice,'(or some variation thereof) it just automatically makes it sound like the person's putting themselves on a higher level, which is reeeeally irritating. But if you didn't mean to, i guess its just me being obtuse.

As for the eyes, i'll get on it soon, thanks

EDIT:
MMKAY! Altered the textures of the eyes and such so that Luxio and Shinx's eyes are smaller, i think i have the spacing right...ish. Luxray's eye is proving irritating, so me thinks imma hafta re-uv... actually imma have to re-uv all of them. My uv layouts are garbage right now.

Can anyone see anything else that needs to be altered?
By karrybird
#84888 ok, those eyes are much better now :)
and i'm sorry i came off that way, i was just trying to help :(
By Arsonist
#84895 'Tis not a problem, i was pretty tired when i read it. Sorry for being so irritable :(

So i can start on the rest of what i need now, yeah?

I'll take the nearly full day of no critical comments as a sign from the gods that it's time to do the stuff
By Arsonist
#84979 I'll take the nearly full day of no critical comments as a sign from the gods that it's time to do the stuff
By Bluerrew
#98736 In my opinion, there isnt anything wrong with them. One thing that I think should be changed is the black background. The models are bloody amazing but they're kinda hard to see :D Great work man. Shinx is prob my favourite electric type so I would love to see these in game.
JOIN THE TEAM