Front View
Spoiler:

Back View
Spoiler:

Side View
Spoiler:

All feedback appreciated :D

Finally textured something right... phew

And no, the circles are on the body its just Maya derping.

Yup, too round, made it a bit less round XD

By MissingNoL
#71874 Now it's a competition :P You should probably make it upright, it's an easy thing to do. Either play around with the rotation tools or just move stuff around. As for the model itself, I would really look at your references. When I was making mine, I really spent some time looking for good pictures, as some just look plain dumb.
Good luck mate!
By xWildxManx
#71979 Good luck to you too, and I made him upright :D
By MissingNoL
#71997 Erm... It looks derpy. Like, the balls don't look like they're the right size at all, and aren't in the right position as I'm looking at the back view. As for the body, I'm doing a circular one; I had to decide whether his body was circular or ovular for a long time, so it'd be nice to see a poll where the people can decide on the body type. The texture doesn't look right either, as the dark blue oval doesn't fit the ovular body, the dark ring should be an oval since it's a ovular body, etc. You should start with these while I try to figure out how to UV unwrap =-=
By xWildxManx
#72006 "the balls don't look like they're the right size at all, and aren't in the right position as I'm looking at the back view."

They are in the right position, my Maya is just a derp and does that =-= As for size, I do agree that the body should be a little shorter

"As for the body, I'm doing a circular one; I had to decide whether his body was circular or ovular for a long time"

Thats an oval :/

"The texture doesn't look right either, as the dark blue oval doesn't fit the ovular body, the dark ring should be an oval since it's a ovular body, etc"

Again, the dark circle is an oval.....
By MissingNoL
#72081 First off, I forgot to say, the middle ball is just as big as the eyes are, but both are a wee bit smaller than the six main balls. But making them shorter? They should be bigger, and yes, I guess your program does derp like that :P
Thats an oval :/
And this is where mechanical drafting knowledge comes in handy. What you're looking at is a circle at an angle. This causes the illusion that the circle is really a ellipse, when in acuality, it is still a circle. This is called 'true size and shape'. This image may help you understand what I mean:
Spoiler:
Note that the middle-top image is projected off at an angle, but the left one is not. They're essentially the same view, but the left one does not show the true size and shape of the angled portion; contrastingly, the middle-top one does to avoid any confusion in design.
"The texture doesn't look right either, as the dark blue oval doesn't fit the ovular body, the dark ring should be an oval since it's a ovular body, etc"

Again, the dark circle is an oval.....
What I meant is that the ellipses you have do not look very smooth. It looks as though you tried to estimate an ellipse as best as you could without using the ellipse tool (which most painting programs should have). The ellipses you do have don't match the curvature of the body either. The small bottom-right dot does not look like a perfect circle, and the eyes don't look like perfect ellipses; it looks like you made the texture in five minutes.
For reference, oval = ellipse and ovular = elliptical. And this model will need a lot more time put into it before it goes to approval.The objective is not to finish fast, but to make it look great.
JOIN THE TEAM