By Vespirs
AHTKingofkings wrote:So should I make it a bit more blocky? I get the less detail part since it is Minecraft after all but Magmortar is a very detailed Pokemon so I wanted to make sure I got it right =P

Well, this is the thing, you want to get it detailed, but not detailed. Allow me to elaborate on this. Detailed in the sense that it's a pokemon, not detailed in the sense that it's minecraft. Understand?
What he is meaning by less detail is make the segments of the circles to a max of 6. That way it is techne quality, but has the 'detailed' aspect. Also, you should smooth the transition between the limbs, and body by manipulating the vertecies, so it doesn't look like you just put two meshes together.

By Khalvin8
#69216 Try to make the model out of a single cube. Think in cube shapes, not spheres. If you need a cylinder, keep the segment below 8. Even 8 is rather high. The challenge with these models is the need to keep the mesh simplistic while still meeting the detail in the pokemon your representing. If you still cant get the flow, you might want to switch to Techne as you program for a while to better understand what is possible with just cubes.
JOIN THE TEAM