is this model ready to be approved?

100%
N/A
By Haunts
#4858 I like the model but the head seems too flat :) as I remember the head in d/p was a bowl this one is more like a plate, otherwise it's great!

By Overreactedosbol
#4868 Love it. Could i ask a request? Maybe you could try to make Jynx since that is Kanto and no one has taken a shot on it yet. :roll:
By karrybird
Overreactedosbol wrote:Love it. Could i ask a request? Maybe you could try to make Jynx since that is Kanto and no one has taken a shot on it yet. :roll:

eh, i hate jynx so much XD
and i could almost guarantee it wont come out good if i make it D:
By SubGenesis
karrybird wrote:
Overreactedosbol wrote:Love it. Could i ask a request? Maybe you could try to make Jynx since that is Kanto and no one has taken a shot on it yet. :roll:

I'm working on jynx... And it's horrible....
Also if I do finish (and it looks good enough) would you be interested in doing a texture for it, since so far the model is quite good, I.e. Separate hair strands (I'm obsessive, nuff said) but I'm simply not good enough at the textures as I'm new to modelling and the textures take a bit longer to master
By karrybird
SubGenesis wrote:
karrybird wrote:

Also if I do finish (and it looks good enough) would you be interested in doing a texture for it, since so far the model is quite good, I.e. Separate hair strands (I'm obsessive, nuff said) but I'm simply not good enough at the textures as I'm new to modelling and the textures take a bit longer to master

hmm, i'll have to see the model before i can judge whether i can give a good texture or not (i'm picky about certain details.) XD
but we'll see :)
By SubGenesis
SubGenesis wrote:
karrybird wrote:

Here's what I have done so far and will also be the trickiest bit to texture: postimage.org/image/oxoqo9edt/

Also anything you think needs changing? For sake of looks or texturing
By karrybird
SubGenesis wrote:
Here's what I have done so far and will also be the trickiest bit to texture: postimage.org/image/oxoqo9edt/

hmm, if i were you i would change the hair, individual strands may be an interesting idea in theory, it just doesn't look as good as it could be.
i suggest making flat rectangles wrapping around the head, that way if i were to make the texture i could just draw in the strands of hairs that way :)

and i should ask, did you add new blocks for the eyes?
By SubGenesis
karrybird wrote:
SubGenesis wrote:

hmm, if i were you i would change the hair, individual strands may be an interesting idea in theory, it just doesn't look as good as it could be.
i suggest making flat rectangles wrapping around the head, that way if i were to make the texture i could just draw in the strands of hairs that way :)

Yes I did add new blocks for the eyes, as I couldn't se any other way of making the pupils small enough, ,it's just a corner of a square.
Since I had almost finished the hair anyway I will do two variations with different hair and get an opinion on which looks better, poll maybe? And I'll send you the models and I'll let you decide
By karrybird
SubGenesis wrote:
karrybird wrote:
SubGenesis wrote:

Yes I did add new blocks for the eyes, as I couldn't se any other way of making the pupils small enough, ,it's just a corner of a square.
Since I had almost finished the hair anyway I will do two variations with different hair and get an opinion on which looks better, poll maybe? And I'll send you the models and I'll let you decide

yeah that would be better, a poll sounds good.
but as for the eyes, it might be better if you don't add any blocks for them, they usually look better when they're drawn on. unless they actually have protruding eyes like anorith, i would stay away from using extra blocks :)
JOIN THE TEAM