By Css1234567890123
MissingNoL wrote:
Css1234567890123 wrote:This is definately a model that would need to be done in Blender, in Techne it would just take ages and countless hours of frustration. I like the one in blender much more than the techne one, it looks way nicer.
Thank you, Css! What's funny is that in Techne it did take ages and countless hours. The only hard part about Blender was sitting there and trying to figure out the controls for two hours.
I've deemed the bumps to be accurate, but the body was too thick, so it's been thinned. The only thing now is the eyes, and I will post an update later on (that will probably come with a plea for help). And with the new modeling rules, that means that I'm going to have to make a Bronzong, too. I've already got somewhat of a gameplan going on for that one, though...

Alright I didn't mean anything bad, it just can make you frustrated a lot (I've had that happen haha) but the Bronzor looks really good now! Can't wait for a texture!

By MissingNoL
#71880 Alright, so I'm finally posting an update. I really tried to fine tune the sizing of things, since I am OCD, and I finally figured out the answer to the eyes. I took the sphere that SPG made and fooled around with it a bit to make it thinner. I would love you guys to tell me if anything looks odd before I do the texture, which I'll have to get to at some point (but perhaps I'll do it right now). I've been very busy with a huge list of matters to tend to.
Spoiler:
By zero_breaker
#71935 make the body (aka the cylinder) thicker and I'm fine with it.

(tbh you're gonna win against Wild no matter what :3)
By MissingNoL
Harbinger wrote:I always thought the face part came out a little or is that just me? :D Looks great btw
Most pictures (that are official, including all of the sprites) show it as being flat as opposed to 'coming out a little'. If it really concerns anyone, then I can do it easy, as I already thought about what I'd need to do to get it done. But to me, I like to believe it's a flat surface.
I made it thicker, but I'm not sure how much better it is:
Spoiler:

Alright, so texturing is progressing kind of slowly. I was having some problems that are getting cranked out, and Harbringer is the one who's helped me figure out what to do. Hopefully I get it done soon, but if anyone would like to help, just shoot me a PM.
By MissingNoL
#72602 I slaved all of today (well, I split up the time between this and UMvC3) to work on this, and now I'm encountering rendering issues D:
I haven't worked on the body's texture yet; I'm going to ask my sister if she wants to do it; she's miles better than me with Paint.NET. And the last image is just to show that I actually textured the eyes and center bump; however, when I spin the model around 180 degrees, they disappear for whatever reason. I would love help with the rendering issues that I'm having.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage
By StopherSylvia
#72781 It could be an issue I have a lot. Blender is making a connection between points that aren't actually connected, I don't know why this happens, but it usually happens when I dissolve a point or merge two points. Try making the eyes come out farther or unwrapping your model again, not sure if this will fix it but if you unwrap again you will have to re a
Icahn the texture. It could be that the eyes weren't textured correctly or it could be and issue with the model.
By MissingNoL
StopherSylvia wrote:Blender is making a connection between points that aren't actually connected, I don't know why this happens
I know why.
And you are a god.
I'll have to find time for this, but I have a list of solutions in my head right now. It's funny how if you walk away from a problem for while you develop answers easily.
By xWildxManx
#72912 Rendering issues have happened to me too (With bronzor's surrounding spheres) and usually rotating the camera a little or selecting the whole model will fix it. Other than that Im not sure what to do
By MissingNoL
StopherSylvia wrote:Try making the eyes come out farther or unwrapping your model again, not sure if this will fix it but if you unwrap again you will have to re a
Icahn the texture. It could be that the eyes weren't textured correctly or it could be and issue with the model.
Nothing that I came up with fixed the problem, and neither did these fixes. What would you mean by "not textured correctly?" And if it's an issue with the model... I would have to restart? ;-;
xWildxManx wrote:Rendering issues have happened to me too (With bronzor's surrounding spheres) and usually rotating the camera a little or selecting the whole model will fix it.
This didn't fix it :/ Our programs are different, I think.
So at this point, I think it's just a harmless error; basically, it only textured the inside of the meshes. That's why you could see through the middle bump on one side but when you turn it around so you can see the inside, it's clearly textured. This only applies to the ball SPG made, so I think they're the ones at fault at this point. I'm going to try some more stuff at a later time, including rendering the object. If worse comes to worse, I'll just have to use a UV sphere.
JOIN THE TEAM