By MissingNoL
The Era of Blender is Beautiful | Show
SPG made the spheres that this model incorporates. This means that they are, in fact, Techne quality
First Render
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage
Second Render
Spoiler:
The Era of Techne Tastes Terrible (Discontinued) | Show
Hello, all. This is not my first crack at modelling; however, the last time I did was for Quake II. I decided on Bronzor mainly just to get used to Techne; also, I'd totally love another thing to fight in caves other than Zubats and Golbats. The model is just about twice the size of your average Bronzor, albeit not much bigger than a block in-game. I don't mind working with decimals or anything, as I'm too familiar with AutoCAD and drafting.
First Render
Spoiler:
For the middle of the model, I think I want a square that will fill in the inside completely, as to make texturing easier. Also, how would I go about zooming in and out?
Last Render
Spoiler:
This is the part where I'd love to be able to zoom in and out, but I have no mouse with a scrolling wheel. #TouchPadProblemsImageImageImageImage

By Rzxa
#48245 Wow a perfect technic circle good job
By MissingNoL
Rzxa wrote:Wow a perfect technic circle good job

Thanks, but I just don't know where to go after that. Some guidance is helpful. I just need to know how I should make the middle part.
I was thinking just filling the hole with a square. But I'm not sure how the corners of the square would end up looking when they go through the outer ring. I also fear this happening:
Spoiler:
By Il_Lupo
#48274 Then make smaller squares and twiddle the angles around so they fill it perfectly :D
By KuryoZT
#48358 First off, I'm as bad with techne as a cat with a watergun.
But maybe just putting a square to fill in the middle, and then use the texture to make it roundish?
Shouldn't that work out?
Or does it overstress the workload?
Anyway, that's an awsome circle you got there.
By Overreactedosbol
#48382 make the square a bit thinner or a bit thicker, the textures shouldnt interfear with eachother then.
By MissingNoL
Il_Lupo wrote:Then make smaller squares and twiddle the angles around so they fill it perfectly :D

Erm. Is this what you ordered? I'm still getting a bit of conflicts.
Spoiler:

Overreactedosbol wrote:make the square a bit thinner or a bit thicker, the textures shouldnt interfear with eachother then.

I did that, but the difference is noticeable due to the scale it's at.
What method should I be doing? Or should I restart the model at a 4:1 scale?
By Il_Lupo
#48523 They don't have to fit the edges perfectly, as long as they don't protrude from the outer ring.
By MissingNoL
Il_Lupo wrote:They don't have to fit the edges perfectly, as long as they don't protrude from the outer ring.

I got them all to fit the edges perfectly :D But I'm not sure what you mean about protruding from the outer ring. Here's what it looks like; now I'm not too concerned about the conflicts, as all the pieces under Face have the same base color:
Spoiler:

If nothing else needs fixing, how would I go about making the bumps? I was thinking that just a simple staircased cube would work. And just for reference, the outside bumps are bigger than the 'nose':
Spoiler:
By Il_Lupo
#48641 I'd suggest using slanted cubes instead. Staircase cubes aren't very easy on the eyes :(

Very good so far.
JOIN THE TEAM