By MissingNoL
StopherSylvia wrote:Did u mark a seem and unwrap? Just unwrap? Used weight paint? Slapped a texture to it in the properties window? I need to know your process.
I unwrapped the cylinder piece by piece (without seams), but for the balls I used the "Project from view" unwrap option. Weight paint? Not sure of what that is, but after unwrapping a mesh completely, I chose "Export UV Layout". After unwrapping the model completely, I opened all of the texture maps in Paint.NET and copy-pasted all of the outlines of the meshes into one texturemap. After some crayon work, I saved it and slapped it back into Blender. I didn't use the properties window for this, I just used the UV/Image Editor window and applied the new texture to all of the unwrappings.
Hope I elaborated enough.
By StopherSylvia
#73069 Weight paint is an option like edit mode, object mode, ect. Have you textured models in Blender this way before? I mark a seem, select all the points of the part, hit "u", select unwrap than stretch, shrink, and deform it to match my texture. It might be a problem with the fact u have no seams. Are the eyes on separate points or are the just textured on the face between the outer points that make up the cylinder?
By MissingNoL
StopherSylvia wrote:Have you textured models in Blender this way before??
Have I? I've only used some sort of Quake II modeling program.
StopherSylvia wrote:I mark a seem, select all the points of the part, hit "u", select unwrap than stretch, shrink, and deform it to match my texture. It might be a problem with the fact u have no seams. Are the eyes on separate points or are the just textured on the face between the outer points that make up the cylinder?
Seams? Who needs seams; the old problem isn't really a problem, now it's just this one:
Spoiler:
I rendered the object, and this view is the front. However, one and the rest of the balls aren't textured, which is strange since I put all the balls into one mesh and the eyes into another as well. They aren't connected by any points; could this be the cause for this problem? And the eyes are not 'just textured'; they actually pop out of the face.
By StopherSylvia
MissingNoL wrote:
StopherSylvia wrote:I mark a seem, select all the points of the part, hit "u", select unwrap than stretch, shrink, and deform it to match my texture. It might be a problem with the fact u have no seams. Are the eyes on separate points or are the just textured on the face between the outer points that make up the cylinder?
Seams? Who needs seams; the old problem isn't really a problem, now it's just this one:
Spoiler:
I rendered the object, and this view is the front. However, one and the rest of the balls aren't textured, which is strange since I put all the balls into one mesh and the eyes into another as well. They aren't connected by any points; could this be the cause for this problem? And the eyes are not 'just textured'; they actually pop out of the face.

try shift d on the eye and just type in the coordinates of the untextured one than delete the untextured on, same for the balls
By MissingNoL
StopherSylvia wrote:
MissingNoL wrote:
Spoiler:

try shift d on the eye and just type in the coordinates of the untextured one than delete the untextured on, same for the balls
Well, the problem with deleting only the untextured one is that it would delete the textured one as well: both are in the same mesh. I can go back to my file where the meshes weren't joined together, if that sounds like an easier solution.
By StopherSylvia
#73344 So in edit mode you are editing both eyes? Or are they mirrored? If you are editing both eyes you could dissolve the in textured eye until it is just the out line (meaning the part touching the body or the largest part depending on how you did it) the highlight the other eye, shift d, and place it ver the outline (used to keep the location of old eye) then merge the outline of the new 2nd textured eye with the old outline. Or just dislolve the un textured eye completely and shift d the textured eye than try to get the same placement
By MissingNoL
#75222 I wasn't dead, I was just busy.
StopherSylvia wrote:Or just dislolve the un textured eye completely and shift d the textured eye than try to get the same placement
I love you.
Spoiler:
I'm going to have to separate the middle and outside bumps from each other (since they're not the same size; duplicating would ruin this part), but I can finally start finishing up this model now!
By StopherSylvia
MissingNoL wrote:I wasn't dead, I was just busy.
StopherSylvia wrote:Or just dislolve the un textured eye completely and shift d the textured eye than try to get the same placement
I love you.
Spoiler:
I'm going to have to separate the middle and outside bumps from each other (since they're not the same size; duplicating would ruin this part), but I can finally start finishing up this model now!

The model looks great now that the eyes are...well...being there.
JOIN THE TEAM