By floh22
#179191 Hey,

so I have been thinking about contributing to the mod for a while now so this is my first attempt at a pokemon. I've only really finished the main body, but I would like feedback already to know if I'm heading in the right direction or if I should let other more experienced pixelmon modelers do their thing ^^

Cherubi by floh22 on Sketchfab

I'm not quite sure where to position the leaves or how to rotate them since most 3d images from the game I could find were quite small. I also tried to keep the poly count low since the pokemon itself is relatively small, though I'm not sure if it ended up being too low on the main body and large leaf.

Any feedback is obviously appreciated, don't be afraid to criticize all you want.

Edit:
Added Texture
Updated with suggestions and merged leaves now merging at similar sizes

Cherubi Updated Merged Leaves by floh22 on Sketchfab

By bvanseghi
#179777 Definitely got the figure down.

However, the feet need some rounding, and the attached berry needs to be bigger.

7/10 on the model, good for a first pokemon contribution, however.

EDIT: The joint on the leaves is wrong. Refer to the picture attached.

By floh22
#179845 Updated with your suggestions. I may still need to properly connect the meshes of the two leaves. Not sure. Thanks for your feedback ^^
By bvanseghi
#179846 Vast improvement, 9/10. The leaves look separated though. They should be, like, fused together at where they touch.
By floh22
#179858 Cleaned up the leaves a bit and merged them. Hope that I managed to remove all the unnecessary verts inside the two leaves. Again, thanks for your feedback. Once I am finally happy with the model I will try to texture, though with a texture as simple as here I doubt it will be much of a problem
By bvanseghi
#179859 Ah, okay, you got the merging down. However, if you notice in the attachment alongside my post above, the edges of the leaves are aligned, as if they were attached to a plane. Right now, the edge of the leaf stemming out of the main body, is in the middle of the leaf stemming out of the smaller body.

It is a bit hard to explain, did I explain it correctly?

EDIT: That seems to be the only problem at all. Everything else is dead on.
By floh22
#179860 I honestly thought that was a matter of perspective as you can see the leaf of the smaller cherry continuing behind the other one where they merge. I will try to find an official 3d model to confirm
By bvanseghi
#179861 Yeah its just the art style, it would seem. Here is an image that may help.

Images used in the image below are nintendo designs.

Something with the leaves makes it look funky.
Attachments
250px-420Cherubi.png
By floh22
#179867 So.... That took some tinkering, don't you just love consistency? ^^ Had to redo the merge and change the orientation of the second leaf a bit but im quite happy with the result, especially considering the noticable amount of verts and faces saved.
By bvanseghi
#179868 A SPLENDID MODEL! 10/10!

That model is perfect. :)
JOIN THE TEAM