By KageJ21
karrybird » 22 Jul 2014 15:15 wrote:You can't just copy/paste the eyes from the official artwork, that's stealing...
Everything has to be 100% your work. (or you could get someone else to texture for you)

I didn't

By Lizzy39632
#132396 I looked at the images:[img]cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/8/8a/409Rampardos.png/250px-409Rampardos.png[/img]

[img]cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/c/cd/408Cranidos.png/250px-408Cranidos.png[/img]

The eyes don't even look that similar :|
By KageJ21
Lizzy39632 » 22 Jul 2014 17:14 wrote:I looked at the images:[img]cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/8/8a/409Rampardos.png/250px-409Rampardos.png[/img]

[img]cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/c/cd/408Cranidos.png/250px-408Cranidos.png[/img]

The eyes don't even look that similar :|

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult. lol
Even if I wanted to use the eyes on those pictures, it would look horrible. The eyes on the artwork are to small(especially on Rampardos) that it would be to pixelated to even show a good enough eye.
By karrybird
KageJ21 » 22 Jul 2014 14:55 wrote:
karrybird » 22 Jul 2014 15:15 wrote:You can't just copy/paste the eyes from the official artwork, that's stealing...
Everything has to be 100% your work. (or you could get someone else to texture for you)

I didn't

You sure? These two look way too similar to have been a coincidence.

It isn't from the official art, sure, but it looks identical to some other fanart i found on google.

I would like to see a screencap of your uv map just to see if i'm right or not though.
By KageJ21
karrybird » 22 Jul 2014 19:08 wrote:
KageJ21 » 22 Jul 2014 14:55 wrote:

I didn't

You sure? These two look way too similar to have been a coincidence.

It isn't from the official art, sure, but it looks identical to some other fanart i found on google.

I would like to see a screencap of your uv map just to see if i'm right or not though.

OF COURSE its gonna be similar, Its the same Pokemon, I tried to get close to it. Your saying I stole the eye, but I did not.

1. The Image you saw.
2. My Maya Model of Cranidos(Side)
3. The UV Map Editor of the Model.

By karrybird
#132649 Similar, yes, but i dunno, it still looks incredibly close to me. The main indicator that tells me it's copied is the fact that it's all blurry and pixelated. If you made it yourself there should be no reason for it being fuzzy.

Either way, you shouldn't copy how the eye is shaded exactly, even if you drew it yourself. It would be good to give it more of your own style so that it would be very clear to everyone that it is original.
By KageJ21
karrybird » 24 Jul 2014 15:15 wrote:Similar, yes, but i dunno, it still looks incredibly close to me. The main indicator that tells me it's copied is the fact that it's all blurry and pixelated. If you made it yourself there should be no reason for it being fuzzy.

Either way, you shouldn't copy how the eye is shaded exactly, even if you drew it yourself. It would be good to give it more of your own style so that it would be very clear to everyone that it is original.

I made it blurry because when I put detail to it I don't want the shading to be so sharp. If you feel that strongly that I stole someone else's eye( which I didn't) then I will redo the eyes
By TheBootyEdition
KageJ21 » 24 Jul 2014 15:49 wrote:
I made it blurry because when I put detail to it I don't want the shading to be so sharp. If you feel that strongly that I stole someone else's eye( which I didn't) then I will redo the eyes

Lolololol Your logic is invalid my good friend
This is a good form of plagiarism at its, best in art form :D
Knowing that you just copy, erase, and transform the eye
Sorry for making it sound so rude but i have no respect for those who steal artwork, Make it yourself or if your or "incapable" of doing it yourself then have a artist do it for you, you dont have to copy and paste and then lie about it
Pixelmon would not approve this when its an act of copyright, which is a serious crime, So in its current condition it would not be approved.
Thank you and have a good day
By KageJ21
#133160 How many times do I have to say it? I did not steal. Why would I steal something that's so easy to make. Tell me that. All I do is go on paint make circles for the pupil and eye and color in with gimp. I then filter and shade in so it looks cooler. I don't like having the shading so sharp. I made a new eye that doesn't resemble the first eye but seriously. After you guys accused me I tried to take the eye and see if I actually could make it like mine. I couldn't it was to blurry when I was done. Both the first eye and current eye are mine. I love pixelmon and I love doing models. I would never steal any work and be lazy. I would rather have my models be fully mine when textured. I am not some brat that lie nor steals.
JOIN THE TEAM