By Harbinger
Nova Spartan wrote:
Harbinger wrote:Eyes still need to be bigger, the red part of the eyes should fill the full width of the head from what I can tell. Other than that it look fine.
So, like this:
Spoiler:

It does look alot better.

Yeah that's loads better :D

By Nova Spartan
Harbinger wrote:
Nova Spartan wrote:
Harbinger wrote:Eyes still need to be bigger, the red part of the eyes should fill the full width of the head from what I can tell. Other than that it look fine.
So, like this:
Spoiler:

Yeah that's loads better :D
Yep :D

Anyway, while waiting for more feedback on Baltoy, i'm working on Claydol. He's fun, but difficult to make so far. Trying to shape that head is a nightmare for some reason...
By Kmerr
Nova Spartan wrote:
Kmerr wrote:With the new changes, it looks better. However, I think it's eyes should slightly be closed a bit more, but not much.
I'm not sure that makes sense lol. I don't think they be can be close "more". Unless you mean make the black line across his eyes smaller/bigger?

So, like this:
Spoiler:

StopherSylvia wrote:His head is really more of an oval (from left to right) and his body is too (from top to bottom). The eyes need to be the majority of his head and the red lines need to be thinker. Lastly the part he spins on (leg I guess) needs to be more of a diamond, kinda in between a spike and diamond. I see that your leg...spike...thing has the shape going on but it needs to be more apparent.
That may be tricky to change. It's difficult to find a good picture of Baltoy that doesn't have a crappy angle to tell what shape his body and head are :P

I'll see about changing the size of the red thing around his eyes, which by the way, was the most difficult part of Baltoy for me for some reason. As for Baltoy's spinner I noticed that too. I'm trying to think of what I could use to fix that. Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming.

I suck at explaining things. Just make the black line a tad smaller
By Nova Spartan
Kmerr wrote:I suck at explaining things. Just make the black line a tad smaller
Alright, so like this:
Spoiler:

I must say, I do like how that looks.

Anyway, regarding Claydol he's easily the most difficult model i've tried yet. Sad, I know. He should be easy, but getting those eyes to be accurately spaced out and making the head shape acceptable is difficult for me for some odd reason. I should have a rough draft (that i'm not confident about) done and textured some time tomorrow.
By karrybird
#76864 oh please don't use black, i can't express it enough. with light colored pokemon, it just doesn't work...ever.
By StopherSylvia
#76867 Don't use solid black. For example while I thought the black on my registeel looked fine everyone complained about their eyes bleeding so unless you want a medical lawsuit on your hands I recommend listening to karry :lol:
By Nova Spartan
karrybird wrote:oh please don't use black, i can't express it enough. with light colored pokemon, it just doesn't work...ever.
Yeah I know, even though I never see the problem, also seeing how it's just a line. I'm just using it as a placeholder for now anyway.

Regading the spinner someone mentioned earlier, if I want to change it, I apparently need to re texture the entire model. Great >_<
By Nova Spartan
#77113 Alright, so after getting stressed out working on Claydol, I came back to Baltoy. Regarding the bottom spinner, and Baltoy himself, he looks different in almost every picture. But anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought looked better. The cone as his bottom spinner, or this much less sided cone? (which seems more accurate):
Spoiler:

If I go with the new shape, i'll need to redo Baltoy's texture, but it should be worth it.

Edit: Nevermind, I do NOT need to redo the texture. I can't believe I JUST figured out that I can move the objects on the UV Maps...
JOIN THE TEAM