By StopherSylvia
#75850 A few people are already making Mudkip, but the Blender one hasn't had an update in awhile, so if I finish Swampert before Mudkip gets an update then i will make a Mudkip too, Here is Marshtomp:

Front:
Spoiler:

Side:
Spoiler:

Back:
Spoiler:

Shiny:
Spoiler:

By Pro_Malti
#75884 I think it needs to be a little fatter from the sides other then that. Looks great!
By Edeodin
#75895 Glad to see someone finally continuing this line! There's something about his face that is bothering me at the moment. I guess for starters could you close his mouth like in the game sprites? I think he'd look a little silly with his mouth wide-open like that all the time. :lol: Also his head is a bit too perfectly spherical. By the looks of it, Marshtomp's head is significantly wider than it is tall, and the orange of his cheeks comes closer to his eyes. And looking at his back sprites - I'll use gen 4 because it shows it more clearly - the head fin comes down on the back further towards the middle of his head like so:

| Show

Also his legs are not quite right, I feel they should be stubbier in general. Marshtomp's toes are almost non-existent, and his feet in general are pretty stubby, like in Sugimori's artwork:

| Show

Looking at the artwork again, I think the orange of his belly needs to come down more. It's crowding the neck a bit too much and there's a bit too much teal colour in the hips region. The teal that you see towards the bottom in the artwork is more underside than in front. And that's all for now! I definitely love me some mudkipz line so I'm looking forward to a Swampert as well. :D
By garret200216
#76024 the model looks good but the arms somthing about those arms just need some work
By Edeodin
StopherSylvia wrote:I don't understand what was that about the color edeodin?

Sorry this is all I meant about the colours,

| Show

Basically I felt the orange was a bit too high up in general. Like on your model it's above the arms entirely, whereas the orange should start more towards the bottom of the arms. And the bottom of the orange area feels too high up on the torso, like it should be more towards the bottom of the body. I know there's a bit of teal below the orange there in the concept art, but it's more on the underside of the body than it is on the front of the body. Like on the game sprite here:

| Show

Does that kinda help?
By StopherSylvia
#76066 Ok, my computer doesn't have and Internet connection so I upload pictures when I get that fixed, but I lowered the Orange, messed with the shape of the head, messed wight the toes, twicked with the arms, and the jaw is actually a separate part from the rest of the head so it can be animated to open and closed. I just thought he looked funnier with his mouth open, but it can be closed.
By StopherSylvia
#76221 OK, my computer has internet again.

you can see the head fin now goes farther down his head.
Spoiler:

Also you can see the orange ball is lower and his feet and hands are slightly different. Like I said the jaw is a different part from the head, so it can be opened and closed in animation.

Spoiler:
By Edeodin
#76401 Yes that's better at the neck area, though sorry could you move the bottom of his orange belly down a bit further? It's actually more of a tall oval than a perfect circle. Maybe about here where the black line is?

| Show

Hmm, expanding on what Garret said, I think the problem with the arms is that they're the same width the whole way down pretty much, but Marshtomp's arms start thin and become gradually wider. Maybe try adjusting the width from the fingers back so it's more of a noticeable gradual increase from the shoulders? His shoulders look a bit awkward too and could be relaxed a bit. It's like he's constantly shrugging at the moment.

The toes are still too 'existent' :lol: According to the artwork and sprites, he technically doesn't even have toes other than the lines drawn on to indicate them. Even if you look at the 3D models from the games, they're like stumps with little toe marks on them, like this:

| Show

And the head fin is better, but looking at it again, I think it might need to be taller at the front since the artwork and sprites depict it at about the same height as the head itself.
By StopherSylvia
#76643 The 3d pic of the toes was appreciated I couldn't find a video or pic anywhere of a 3d model
JOIN THE TEAM