By JurroRath
#5302 I think the issue with the eyes the pupil is they're to grey and the shine is too bright. Perhaps make them black with a small shine near the top? Also, try straightening and moving the pupils out, having them tilt like that is rather odd, and he looks a bit cross-eyed atm.

As for the chest, I think the problem is you have his bulk centered there, when it's actually centered more around his waist.

Spoiler:

It was hard finding a good side image of it, but I think you can get the general gist of it. Also- and I don't know if this is fixed or not with your updated neck, if it is then just tell me to shut my mouth or something :V- but the neck flows away from the front of the body, when it should flow into it. This is a bit difficult to judge, since the lower picture of Armaldo seems to depict it that way, but that can be solved by saying it's the anime, they can't keep a consistant style for crap. Judging by models and art from the games as well though, I can pretty safely say that it should flow into the front of the body rather than away. Might be seen as a minor nitpick, and it probably is, but I still find it to be a rather jarring detail personally, so I thought I'd make note of it.

Everything else is fine though, and I personally really like what you did with the wings, that's easily my favorite part of the model. Hope that clears things up for you :3 Lol, the people over on Skype really need to start analyzing and trying to understand why something looks off rather than just saying 'that looks weird, me no like'. It's starting to get on my nerves. And no doubt yours as well ;P

By karrybird
JurroRath wrote:I think the issue with the eyes the pupil is they're to grey and the shine is too bright. Perhaps make them black with a small shine near the top? Also, try straightening and moving the pupils out, having them tilt like that is rather odd, and he looks a bit cross-eyed atm.

As for the chest, I think the problem is you have his bulk centered there, when it's actually centered more around his waist.

Spoiler:

It was hard finding a good side image of it, but I think you can get the general gist of it. Also- and I don't know if this is fixed or not with your updated neck, if it is then just tell me to shut my mouth or something :V- but the neck flows away from the front of the body, when it should flow into it. This is a bit difficult to judge, since the lower picture of Armaldo seems to depict it that way, but that can be solved by saying it's the anime, they can't keep a consistant style for crap. Judging by models and art from the games as well though, I can pretty safely say that it should flow into the front of the body rather than away. Might be seen as a minor nitpick, and it probably is, but I still find it to be a rather jarring detail personally, so I thought I'd make note of it.

Everything else is fine though, and I personally really like what you did with the wings, that's easily my favorite part of the model. Hope that clears things up for you :3 Lol, the people over on Skype really need to start analyzing and trying to understand why something looks off rather than just saying 'that looks weird, me no like'. It's starting to get on my nerves. And no doubt yours as well ;P

i fixed up the parts you noted just a bit, i think it looks better now :)
i didn't make him as chunky as the picture looks, but i didn't have a whole lot of space on the texture map at all to work with so i couldn't move things around.

fixed the eyes too, but i stay away from black since it is about the worst color to use. so i go with more of a dark grey, even if the picture depicts otherwise.
By ajr000
#5375 I love it! Personally, I love all of your models though. Keep working! At this rate, we'll have tons of new pokes being added. (I'm most excited for poliwhirl). Could you attempt a (better) poliwrath/poliwhirl?
JOIN THE TEAM