By FelisVulpes
#174284 So, I'm gonna be honest, this is my first model ever and I'm not even entirely sure that I've done it right, but I think it looks okay? And I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to texture it... But if someone else is up to it, awesome! So yeah, with and without smooth shading. I don't know what's up with the rendering on the legs, because they're fine in 3D View.

EDIT: Just figured out Sketchfab,

Surskit by FelisVulpes on Sketchfab

By Scrotty
#174298 Nicely done! However, two things:

-For animation purposes, you should have the legs all pointing straight out.
-It's already been submitted by another user here:
http://pixelmonmod.com/viewtopic.php?p=145738#p145738

Hmm...though, I think yours might be a better choice upon comparison. A little less faces, the legs appear more circular and the body on the other has some odd geometry..I think they made a mistake by connecting the legs to the body.

Pokemon that have already been submitted can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

(You'll have to wait a bit for the tabs on the bottom to show up for different generations)
By FelisVulpes
#174332 Ah! Thank you! Yeah, I didn't do the legs straight out because of the guidelines saying this;
How to pose your model

So you may be familiarized with how modeling works: they position the model in something we call a "t-pose". Don't actually do this (at least not yet, we are working on methods of properly rigging models) but for now, just make it like how you would see it in the game. Reason for this is that we have to separate the limbs on the models and then put them together in code and rotate everything individually to animate it, so yes, it's a bit weird to say the least

But thank you so much for the feedback, and for the chart of which pokemon still need upgrades; I was working on the wiki's list of pokemon currently in the mod!
By Scrotty
#174338 The actual quote is this:

SPG wrote:
How to pose your model

So you may be familiarized with how modeling works: they position the model in something we call a "t-pose". Don't actually do this (at least not yet, we are working on methods of properly rigging models) but for now, just make it like you would see in the game. Reason for this is that we have to separate the limbs on the models and then put them together in code and rotate everything individually to animate it, so yes, it's a bit weird to say the least. Put it in a t-pose. We rig our models now; you don't have to rig them, we do it for you!

http://pixelmonmod.com/viewtopic.php?p=95156#p95156

The strike in the middle of the wording usually means "Disregard this bit" though it probably should've just been removed/rewritten.

The T-Pose didn't matter way back when they were using separate .obj files for the limbs.
By Scrotty
#174342 In my opinion, it looks like SPG posted the same announcement in each of the generation sub-forums up to Gen 5 as the post times aren't the same and they didn't all update when the index page one was edited. Also since it didn't show up in Gen 6's because I think SPG left before it was added. JamieS1211 seems fairly active in this part of the forum though so he may be able to resolve this. (I don't think they have a Head Modeler at the moment)
By MoeBoy76
#174351 Jamie is indeed in charge and you do need to set up any model you submit into a t-pose for animation purposes
JOIN THE TEAM