By rizardon9998
#18018 I say go ahead and work on it, see how it turns out. If the community likes one better than the other, than that's the one we should go with.

By Nxtech
rizardon9998 wrote:I say go ahead and work on it, see how it turns out. If the community likes one better than the other, than that's the one we should go with.

you can always download 3ds max too and we can work together on them if you want because 43 models is a ton of work. 3ds max is way better than techne anyway.
By Nxtech
#18041 I flattened some of the blocks. what should I do next to make it look more leafy?
By JurroRath
#18045 Maybe try making the plain square bits that're sticking out [ie these http://gyazo.com/e758d6278784445a4897aa1d23d43b54] droop a bit like the other leaves. Not as much I don't think, but a bit. It just looks sort've unnatural, since leaves don't generally stick right out like that, they're usually very droopy and just sort've hang there. Otherwise, I can't think of much else.
By Nxtech
#18052 I was hoping you wouldn't say that lol. I have to remake those polys one by one, can't just bend and shrink them all together like the other ones.
By SPG
Nxtech wrote:I was hoping you wouldn't say that lol. I have to remake those polys one by one, can't just bend and shrink them all together like the other ones.

you should use maya then ; )
By Nxtech
#18063 nah, its not 3ds max that is making me do them one by one. Its because I made a noob mistake and left unused vertices laying around lol
By SPG
Nxtech wrote:nah, its not 3ds max that is making me do them one by one. Its because I made a noob mistake and left unused vertices laying around lol

ah, well, its still rather easy, especialy when you have short cuts that let you use the last command you did (i think, i'm not entirely sure how 3ds max works, but because it is made by the same people i assume it is relatively the same thing)
By Nxtech
#18120 OMG THAT TOOK SO LONG! Anyways how does this look. Also you may not be able to see it but all the layers of the tree are disconnected from each other and are free floating in space but it's not really a huge problem so i'll fix it later... Oh and now that I redid all those broken polygons and generally cleaned things up I can morph things around really quickly and easily now.

*lol i forgot to change the squares on top so ill fix that tomorrow too
By JurroRath
#18155 They look great now :3 And I actually noticed that the layers looked seperated pretty easily, they just feel like they aren't drooping over each other like they should ;P Glad to see you're already aware of that and plan to fix it though, cause that's really the last thing I have to say about this, it looks perfect otherwise.
JOIN THE TEAM