By Nxtech
#17886 Here's an Oran berry tree. It doesn't have a texture, i'm working on it. The color of the model is just to make it easier to work with. It also doesn't have berries yet because I don't want to add them until the tree itself is perfect. Also this isn't in techne so anything can be modified in any way. Remember that when you suggest modifications. Oh and also remember that because this isn't techne, the project window has realistic lighting so this model looks different than it would in minecraft.

Oran Berry Tree Original
Spoiler:

Update 1 *Made some of the blocks flatter and thinner
Spoiler:

Update 2 *Made all the blocks flatter and thinner. Also cleaned out a ton of useless extra polygons.
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Update 3 *Placed all the layers together and modified the top blocks to match the rest.
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Update 4 *Placed the berries on the tree. I think its 100% done now.
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Update 5 *Made a texture map and cleaned out a bunch of polygons.
Spoiler:

By karrybird
#17888 i dunno, i'd much prefer the ones rizardon made instead...
By Nxtech
#17891 you're supposed to tell me how to improve it not just say you don't like it...
By karrybird
#17893 well, i don't think there's a whole lot to improve on, so instead i state my preference.

edit: you should also consider doing things that haven't been done yet, like perhaps more pokemon. there are already berry tree models, they're taken care of, and frankly, yours and theirs look the same so there is almost no point in this.
By SPG
Xwaffle wrote:Are we even aloud to use the 3d max program?

we can use it for machines and stuff, we are still working on animation, so i advise that no one wastes their time with it if they plan to only making pokemon
By Nxtech
karrybird wrote:well, i don't think there's a whole lot to improve on, so instead i state my preference.

edit: you should also consider doing things that haven't been done yet, like perhaps more pokemon. there are already berry tree models, they're taken care of, and frankly, yours and theirs look the same so there is almost no point in this.

I'm not going to make pokemon because techne doesn't let me make them as good as I would like them to be and yes you can use 3ds max to make static objects. I'm making these because Mr. masochism told me to. And obviously the two oran berry trees look similar. Don't even post anything if all you are going to say is stuff like that. Oh and by the way only 3 berry trees have been made out of the 43 that there are.
By JurroRath
#17919 Polls exist for a reason friends. Once both sets are done, then a poll will be set up. Surely that hasn't become a foreign concept during the time I've been gone, has it?
By karrybird
Nxtech wrote:I'm not going to make pokemon because techne doesn't let me make them as good as I would like them to be and yes you can use 3ds max to make static objects. I'm making these because Mr. masochism told me to. And obviously the two oran berry trees look similar. Don't even post anything if all you are going to say is stuff like that. Oh and by the way only 3 berry trees have been made out of the 43 that there are.

when i said they're taken care of, i meant that rizardon has the berry models taken care of, as in, he will obviously make more eventually.
and yes, i know there are way more than just 3 berries, yet you choose the one that happens to be done already!

maybe you guys can both work together, but make different berry trees so that the job gets done much quicker. then there is no competition over whose is better and whatnot.
By SPG
JurroRath wrote:Polls exist for a reason friends. Once both sets are done, then a poll will be set up. Surely that hasn't become a foreign concept during the time I've been gone, has it?

no, people just dont like competition, so if someone else makes it 9 times out of 10, no one else will
JOIN THE TEAM