By ryik
#10993 This is my first attempt at a model.

Is it almost kinda sorta passable?

Spoiler:
note: I did my math wrong, and thus the fixed Wailord is a few blocks shorter than this one.

to do list:
Round tail fin
Round face (a lot) more
See what I can do with the fins- to make them more "finny"
Possibly make it open its mouth
-make inside of mouth

(old:)
Spoiler:
ImageThis was a scale model

Also, how do you make textures?

By ryik
Jack_Attack12 wrote:try to make it alot bigger

ryik wrote:this is a scale model btw. It is 1/10th of the normal dimensions. (1/1000th the size [in terms of area])

as for rounding, I'm getting to that. I kinda left it un-rounded because 10 blocks of rounding=1 block in the scale model.

Also reverting the scale model into a full-sized model now that I've fixed the problem with transparency. Techne made big blocks transparent (kinda hard to work with the blocks if they are all invisible)
By ryik
SPG wrote:stop now and make it bigger, we cant upscale a model, only down scale it

ryik wrote:Also reverting the scale model into a full-sized model now that I've fixed the problem with transparency- Techne made big blocks transparent (kinda hard to work with the blocks if they are all invisible)

Again...

I guess it's too much to expect someone to read all comments made.

In any case, it's already upscaled. I'm currently working on rounding it.
By SPG
ryik wrote:
SPG wrote:stop now and make it bigger, we cant upscale a model, only down scale it

ryik wrote:Also reverting the scale model into a full-sized model now that I've fixed the problem with transparency- Techne made big blocks transparent (kinda hard to work with the blocks if they are all invisible)

Again...

I guess it's too much to expect someone to read all comments made.

In any case, it's already upscaled. I'm currently working on rounding it.

nope, i read it all, i just did it very poorly and didnt understand it (still doesnt make sense to me, but what ever)
By ryik
Xwaffle wrote:Texturing a Waillord <<<<<<<<<

Wut

~~~

I feel like an idiot wasting so much time on the blocks when I could've just used a rotated block.

here's the normal-sized model so far:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
gah, broken image.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Wailor ... 134418.png

and this is ordinary-sized

It's gonna look hilarious in-game
By LightAdept
#11154 Stop now and fix the rotation points...PLEASE! The rotation point of the body has to be in the center of the body, and then if you want the fins to be animated, put the rotation point at where it connects to the body. Same for the tail fin....and you should be good, but this goes to all modelers, PLEASE FIX YOUR ROTATION POINTS!
JOIN THE TEAM