By Pokenerd8
#6914 im working on the gen 2 legendary dog suicune. i want this to be one of my bests. and wanted practice on omerta style modeling :) anyway plz comment : 3

By Gubba1995
#6917 I think it is good, but I don't like the body that much because it's too big for Suicune, maybe it looks better when you finished the rest of it :D
By Skibb
#6919 First of all , this has much potential for sure . BUT , I think that you're trying too hard to get this Suicune as round as possible . It just doesn't look natural anymore . Sorry . I would really prefer if you would do it the old way . Trust me , that would just look much better . Really , this whole roundness thing doesn't work for every Pokemon . It just works with Pokemon that shapes are everything close to Ball-shaped , like Gengar , Poliwrath , Golem , Graveler and so on .

All this possibly sounds a bit mean , but I'm really only trying to give advise as good as I can . This is just my opinion .

Edit : Oh , I forgot :p This is not a Gen 1 pokemon , why are you doing (one of) these ?
By SPG
Skibb wrote:First of all , this has much potential for sure . BUT , I think that you're trying too hard to get this Suicune as round as possible . It just doesn't look natural anymore . Sorry . I would really prefer if you would do it the old way . Trust me , that would just look much better . Really , this whole roundness thing doesn't work for every Pokemon . It just works with Pokemon that shapes are everything close to Ball-shaped , like Gengar , Poliwrath , Golem , Graveler and so on .

All this possibly sounds a bit mean , but I'm really only trying to give advise as good as I can . This is just my opinion .

Edit : Oh , I forgot :p This is not a Gen 1 pokemon , why are you doing (one of) these ?

Dont question his special ways
By Omerta
Skibb wrote:First of all , this has much potential for sure . BUT , I think that you're trying too hard to get this Suicune as round as possible . It just doesn't look natural anymore . Sorry . I would really prefer if you would do it the old way . Trust me , that would just look much better . Really , this whole roundness thing doesn't work for every Pokemon . It just works with Pokemon that shapes are everything close to Ball-shaped , like Gengar , Poliwrath , Golem , Graveler and so on .

Personally, I think this approach could work. Roundness doesn't have to just apply to ball-shaped Pokemon, rather, it's a method of achieving a polygonal modeling structure using nothing but cubes and flat blocks. In fact, I'm using it on a model now (that I know you've seen Skibb) that is about as far from ball-shaped as it can get. Plus, Suicine's body is cylindrical, which expects a certain roundness from the modeler.

I think the roundness on the sides looks perfectly natural. What makes it look unnatural is the top of the body. If you can work it so that it's a bit more arched (like you've done with the bottom), then the body will be near perfect. One more thing, the hind legs are rotated too far forward, making the model look like it's falling backwards. Try to rotate them back so they appear to be standing straight up. The axis of the back legs shouldn't run parallel to the front, but rather stand almost in opposition to the front legs to give the model more balance. Great job so far, though.
By SPG
Jack_Attack12 wrote:Apart from what everyones said above. Try to make the legs "round" aswell so that it fits in with the body.

at the current stage its in, thats impossible to do because to make something round, you need a larg working space, something he doesnt have anymore
By SPG
Jack_Attack12 wrote:Sorry to sound like an idiot, Could he not just Scale it up agian?

no, because everything is still technically the same size
By Il_Lupo
#8300 I won't judge until it's done, but the hind legs look a little strange at that angle. The paws on the hind legs need to be a bit further back, with the legs themselves bowed slightly so they look like they're taking on the weight of the body.
JOIN THE TEAM