By Css1234567890123
#62301 Good looking with a texture, I hope you do its pre-evo too, well I think you have to because its the new rules of modeling haha. But good luck with all of your models.

By SubGenesis
Rzxa wrote:Jose there is something weird on the texture to me but I can't quite point out which

I think it's that the colours are too strong, they should be made duller and lighter I.e. Adjusting the two bars at the bottom of the paint colour wheel
By karrybird
#62367 you should never have the mouth open like that in a model, it looks way too unnatural

you need to keep the expression as neutral as possible.

also
blaaaack
By kamipein
#63074 maybe making it a little rounder other than that fantastic job :D
By KuryoZT
Josecami wrote:Marill is a simple pokemon, its basically a big sphere with 2 ears. Otherwise if Im wrong can you give me a feedback so I can improve ? :)

I'm kinda not thinking like ya, sorry.
But I believe Marill isn't just a ball, it's more oval shaped, like the way you have its ears.
And by the way, there should be red in the ears, and blue, dark blue, in its eyes, never black. Texture rules didn't change when we went from Techne only to Techne+Obj.
Look there: Image
Its arms are also a bit off, they should be thinner, and a little longer. The tail could be longer as well, and end in a little ball.
So the body is not, but the tail is. In my opinion.
Someone was right, the white part of the belly should go all the way to under its mouth, which I think you'll have to close, like karry said.
Lastly, its feet seem wrong to me. Right now the body is fully on them, and they're flat on the ground. But from what I see in artworks/sprites, the body and feet are only linked by a little, thin "tube". And Marill is standing on its toes. Tip-toeing, is it?
But the blue and the white are good for me, but where do the black line come from? It shouldn't be there.
Anyway, good luck on correcting the model when you get back, and enjoy your vacation.
Have a nice time.
By Josecami
KuryoZT wrote:
Josecami wrote:Marill is a simple pokemon, its basically a big sphere with 2 ears. Otherwise if Im wrong can you give me a feedback so I can improve ? :)

I'm kinda not thinking like ya, sorry.
But I believe Marill isn't just a ball, it's more oval shaped, like the way you have its ears.
And by the way, there should be red in the ears, and blue, dark blue, in its eyes, never black. Texture rules didn't change when we went from Techne only to Techne+Obj.
Look there: Image
Its arms are also a bit off, they should be thinner, and a little longer. The tail could be longer as well, and end in a little ball.
So the body is not, but the tail is. In my opinion.
Someone was right, the white part of the belly should go all the way to under its mouth, which I think you'll have to close, like karry said.
Lastly, its feet seem wrong to me. Right now the body is fully on them, and they're flat on the ground. But from what I see in artworks/sprites, the body and feet are only linked by a little, thin "tube". And Marill is standing on its toes. Tip-toeing, is it?
But the blue and the white are good for me, but where do the black line come from? It shouldn't be there.
Anyway, good luck on correcting the model when you get back, and enjoy your vacation.
Have a nice time.

Thanks for your feedback KuryoZt! Im gonna redo all the model as soon as I get my laptop :D
By Css1234567890123
#66460 As Josecami asked me to post some more of his marill pictures, so here they are.

Front View | Show

Slanted Front View | Show

Side View | Show

These are his works, not mine. I do not take any credit for them whatsoever, he just asked me to post these updates.
JOIN THE TEAM