By Css1234567890123
#61567 Good to see Steelix, I just love Onix and Steelix a lot. But anyways, the face needs to be more detailed, and it would be nice if you could have it in a neutral position, as Onix was made like that. It'll be way easier for the coders to make it be animated, and I am looking forward to having Steelix in game. Make that face better and make Steelix in neutral and it will seem good to me!

By Sundial_MC
#61624 Yep. It needs a neutral flat position, the positioning and animating gets all done in code, at least that's what I know of. Excluding what has been said above, great job!
By MissingNoL
#61714 That's why I said it should be flat. Makes it easier for the coders. The face still needs to be remodelled, however, but just remember that the mouth should be closed, as again, it's easier for coders. I was also thinking that the spikes should be either a little more detailed or rotated so they don't look the same, but that's just me. Other than that, it'd be ready for approval!
By StopherSylvia
Rzxa wrote:The head looks weird maybe you add a mouth cause I can't see any mouth on this steelix

As I said the extra teeth would cause a lot more work for me, the animates and Minecraft, so it would be better to have no mouth so when steelix spawns it won't lag
By StopherSylvia
MissingNoL wrote:That's why I said it should be flat. Makes it easier for the coders. The face still needs to be remodelled, however, but just remember that the mouth should be closed, as again, it's easier for coders. I was also thinking that the spikes should be either a little more detailed or rotated so they don't look the same, but that's just me. Other than that, it'd be ready for approval!

The spikes on his jaw or on his body?
By StopherSylvia
Blaze150 wrote:Yes Finally steelix is being modelled
but this is amazing and the only thing I see wrong is it should be on its side as lupo said and it could use some more detailed but this is amazing yay

Steelix is my favorite Pokemon so I was hopping someone would do it, when no one did I figured I might as well try, btw this is my first model I actually finished and waited for feedback. I spent about 7 hours on this, because of my slow computer.
By StopherSylvia
Josecami wrote:Looks really good, but as someone said before you can make the face with more details. :D

I worried about having to simplify it to meet Minecrafts standards, anybody know of the limitations Minecraft puts on mobs?
By SPG
StopherSylvia wrote:
Josecami wrote:Looks really good, but as someone said before you can make the face with more details. :D

I worried about having to simplify it to meet Minecrafts standards, anybody know of the limitations Minecraft puts on mobs?

ya, they are squares...... it has nothing to do with minecraft, it has everything to do with techne (technically, techne can make everything if you have a ton of time and patience, but that is besides the point)
By StopherSylvia
SPG wrote:
StopherSylvia wrote:

ya, they are squares...... it has nothing to do with minecraft, it has everything to do with techne (technically, techne can make everything if you have a ton of time and patience, but that is besides the point)

So practically no limitations? Cause I remember reading something about having to use shapes that don't have a lot of parts or detailed parts, is that just to keep the minecraft feel or something?

I stretched him out and twisted the spikes on his body. Plus I moved his jaw spikes under his eye, like they should be.Image
JOIN THE TEAM