By kungfumidget
#59500 Here you guys it kinda just looks like a pineapple atm but I like it so far ... tell me how I should improve this.

Spoiler:

Added a bit of a texture only basic though

Spoiler:

Update 2 guys changed the hands and raised the face

Spoiler:
Here is the overall model

Here is the hand

By Vespirs
#59648 I agree with Css, it would be easier to critique if there was a texture. From what I've heard, texturing blender models is a pain in the ass. I wish you luck, and hopefully it turns out good! ;)
By Vespirs
kungfumidget wrote:Update check the first post guys .... very basic texture done ... the egg crack is really weird and gone wavy xD .... but let me know what you think :D

I actually really like it now. Like, a lot. It looks fabulous ;D. It is turning out great so far, only thing I can suggest is that you make the head and the egg shell seem different. If you look closely, it looks as though when the egg hatched, the top broke off, only revealing togepi's head,
so I suggest making the head and egg shell seem seperate, or make the egg shell points jut out?
By karrybird
#59780 it looked good, until you added a texture...

first of all, black, get rid of it.

second, the face should be higher up as with the top of the shell, and look more like the person above had mentioned. the outline for the crack should not be so thick either

the hands also look too pointy and the face is asymmetrical.

the body also should be fatter towards the bottom and pointier towards the top (think of a real egg broken in half. look at the picture above of it's body to see what i mean.
By Vespirs
karrybird wrote:it looked good, until you added a texture...

first of all, black, get rid of it.

second, the face should be higher up as with the top of the shell, and look more like the person above had mentioned. the outline for the crack should not be so thick either

the hands also look too pointy and the face is asymmetrical.

the body also should be fatter towards the bottom and pointier towards the top (think of a real egg broken in half. look at the picture above of it's body to see what i mean.

I completely forgot about black xD Yes, never use black, the contrast is horrible. Use a dark shade of a color that would go well with the texture. Karry is like the god of all modelers and a master at critiquing things :P. And I agree with the hands, now that I look at it. Good points karry ;)
JOIN THE TEAM