By MsDrawable
#54541 This is my first time doing 3-D models, and also using Techne; Hope I did ok!

I wanted to try my hand at Sentret, and I will try my best on a texture when I have the time~

Also Feed back would be very much appreciated, much thanks ^-^

Edit: I think I will change up the feet if I can get a good texture for them, also for the pose I gave sentret, the reason for it is because in the bulbapedia entry they say and show pictures of it using its feet as its main mode of locomotion; but besides than I just need to get to texturing.

By MrSPARTAN23
#54584 Hi,
Just a thing to ask:
How do you apply that block of wood?
Anyway that looks cool ;)
By KuryoZT
#54608 Well, to be honest, the model in itself is pretty good :)
The only things you'll have to watch out for, is no flat blocks, and no use of blacks.
Especially the second one, don't use black for the lines, but darker brown, ok?
With that in mind, you can probably start texturing.
The legs might be a little weird, since they're just supposed to be little floppy things, look here:
I can't see well on your model how they are, so I'm just telling ya.

And Spartan, the wood block is just there, it's the reference, and Techne put it automatically. Aren't you the one who said he had maya? Then you don't have one, and I have no idea how nor why you'd put one.
If it's as reference for size, don't mind that, the models will be put to the right size when they're coded in game ;)

Good luck Drawable. And it's a funny motion for your Sentret, they're mostly pictured on their tail and not their feet. I don't know if it'll matter for approval though, sorry about that.
By gamingnut2
#54660 ah so if you use maya you might want to play with the spheres a bit, you can have spheres with the poly of 9-10 i believe.
By MsDrawable
#54834 Finished the Texture!
This is also my first attempt at a completely scratch texture, so feedback would be amazing!

By KuryoZT
#54838 Why is it sad? I thought Sentret were happygolucky!
And now that it's colored, it seems a bit fatty belly.
And last note from me for now, could you change a little detail on the ears? instead of having them ||, can you make one \ ?
\|, ya see? rotate one a littlt forward, and keep the other straight, I guess. That's how it looks to me in the sprite at least.
But good work!
By Jack_Attack12
#54852 The eyes dont go =-/ Never! use completely black as a color, make it dark gray.
Also the eyes look a bit block shape... fix that?
Over all i really like the model, its turning out really well :PP
By MrMasochism
#54872 The biggest issue with the model is it's pose. It's falling backwards! I suggest getting it so it looks like it's actually balanced. Otherwise, with the little fixes proposed above you'll have a great model!
JOIN THE TEAM