By KuryoZT
#49154 Umm, yes I see. Different game generation do have different designs, usually differe only by small details, but if we're both gonna be nitpicky, you should follow your versions of things, otherwise, we're just never gonna end. Since your pic shows a bigger tail-spike, the one you've done is corresponding to it, so you can leave it at that.
I'll have to look more for reference picture in the future, I think I should have learned that before, silly me.

Anyway, good luck with that list of yours, I'd be more than happy to help, in the little way I've done since the beginning. :)

By Edeodin
KuryoZT wrote:Umm, yes I see. Different game generation do have different designs, usually differe only by small details, but if we're both gonna be nitpicky, you should follow your versions of things, otherwise, we're just never gonna end. Since your pic shows a bigger tail-spike, the one you've done is corresponding to it, so you can leave it at that.
I'll have to look more for reference picture in the future, I think I should have learned that before, silly me.

Anyway, good luck with that list of yours, I'd be more than happy to help, in the little way I've done since the beginning. :)

I just play it safe by sticking with the most recent artwork, especially since a good deal of Pixelmon's users started with Gen 4-5 and would thus be more accepting of newer designs. I am going to change it a bit though so the block in the middle isn't so big from the side.

And my list oh god... When gen 1 is finished I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. :lol: There's so many I want to do, and a lot that have been suggested to me as well. Plus I want to model ones that get neglected in order to balance the explosion of countless people doing the popular ones... so I have no idea what I'll be doing yet.
By Jephon
Edeodin wrote:
KuryoZT wrote:Wow, I love this one too.
I just got three things though:
-the end jaw, the one that got a square and pops out kinda, looks strange to me, just out of it XD
-the fingers, can't they be a little bigger? I mean, I might be blind, but I can barely see them, so from afar it might looks like his arms are just tubes. Weird right?
-The last spikes on its tails, that seems to be smaller in here: http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/pokedex/ ... ri/159.png

Doens't it? It's just a small thing, but I don't know if you can make it smaller.

Anyway, these are all nickpicks I did, so not changing them is fine, I'll get used to it, and seems like nobody noticed, so it may just be me.

Love it anyway!
Good luck with Feraligatr

I'll experiment with the jaw. It just needs another block to smooth the transition I think. Yup I can certainly make the fingers bigger, easy peasy.

Hmm, well the HGSS artwork depicts the tail spike bigger than that picture.

Spoiler:

Though originally the tail spike was just a 1-block plane shaped like a diamond much like the artwork, but I've had to add blocks to the spikes so they don't completely vanish from straight-on views. So the block might make it look bigger. I'll toy around with it though. And when have I ever denied your nitpicks, considering I'm very picky myself (especially with my favourite starter) :lol:

Roark196 wrote:Wow, your models always look good! Ever thought of making Aggron? I can just imagine how amazing you could make him look.

Oh he's DEFINITELY at the top of my to-do list after gen 1 (as my avatar might suggest). :lol: I might end up doing his entire evolution line but we shall see!

Oh please do that line as well as the tyranitar line.. I will <3 you forever..
You are my favorite modeler for sure. Gah...
By Edeodin
jsnbrown1989 wrote:Oh please do that line as well as the tyranitar line.. I will <3 you forever..
You are my favorite modeler for sure. Gah...

Thanks much, it means a lot to hear that! :D

I feel like Tyranitar is Skibb's territory though... but maybe I could do Larvitar and Pupitar. Also, I kind of want to wait and see how the forums explode with models once gen 1 is done and then decide what I'm doing.
By Polifroeg
#50718 Will you finish Totodile before Feraligatr or will you do Feraligatr first?
JOIN THE TEAM