By Ewcongogamer
#34369 I've worked hard and excitied to release my Lugia.

First Post:

Spoiler:

CURRENT UPDATE:

Spoiler:

By zero_breaker
#34376 Daaamn that's cool, the only thing I don't like is the head, it looks... strange?
Also, try using less staircase when making a large model, but generally this is like really good, and I don't have much to say :3

(I'm really not that good in modelling... :I )
By KuryoZT
#34380 The head do need a little change, its front should be a little more blunt, it's not a beak like other birds.
Also the legs, the huge block looks strange, a little too big, maybe you could make it more slender, less block.
And last would be the wings, a more neutral position would be easier for both you and coders. I nstead of having them bent like you did, having them straight line, like you can see in the legendaries birds model, or pidgey was in 2.0(MC1.5.1).
The rest looks awsome, but I'm not the best at modelling, worst than zero, btw he's lying, he's great at modelling.
By Ewcongogamer
#34425 The images I used for Lugia were that his wings were like that for a neutral position and with animation we can have them flap out. That can be changed though. The head I do want to play around a bit to fix it, but I like how the shape turned out. I can add a bit more smoothing but for reference here are the pics for the lugias I used for reference:

Spoiler:

Image is really large
Spoiler:
By AngryGroudon
#34465 It will look good. You need to fix the head and make it bigger.
Then it should be ready. Apart from that it is amazing, keep up the good work
By SubGenesis
#34467 Awsome job, I'm guessing your doing HO oh next right? :D

Any way time for criticism!

The eyes are too small, the lower part of mouth needs to be slightly more prominent maybe using a black line and the palms of the 'hand like wings' must be bigger
By Ewcongogamer
#34469 Honestly I've never really liked Ho-oh, but if everyone's for that I can switch gears :)
By SubGenesis
Ewcongogamer wrote:Honestly I've never really liked Ho-oh, but if everyone's for that I can switch gears :)

It just seemed like HO oh fitted the pattern after you doing all the dogs :)
By GiantVegeta
#34481 i think it should be bigger but i understand that was hard so epic job
By lugiaisbeast101
#34494 ..............................*wakes up* Oh my god it's Lugia!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, time for some serious talk......I love you.

:D lol o.k. for real now.

1) I find the head pretty decent, but the eyes are not there at all, they're much closer to the nose.
2) For the stomach texture, push the top a little more down, and try to keep it rounded.
3) Your proportions are kind of off, I mean like literally. I've just realized this, there's is a distinct difference in making a replica of something rather than making it look like it. At the moment, it really does look exactly like him, but the proportions are wrong. The body is a little longer than it should be, just squish it a bit. The wings hand- or whatever Pokémon wishes it to be, is larger than the body itself, the same cannot be said to your model.
4) The thighs are little big, try to make them smaller.
5) Lastly, the feet should be angled down more, imagine seeing it like that in-game, it would look slightly unnatural.

This is what I think can better your model and I mean no disrespect towards you or your model in any way. I'm now shaking with excitement upon the approval of this model and I believe you are not a beginner modeler anymore, I mean, I posted on Gen 1 model feedback and you are a better modeler than myself, quite odd don't you think :P Post in Gen 1 model feedback next time.
JOIN THE TEAM